Who is your current e-mail provider?

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 16, 2011
Who's your current email provider?

I'm currently using Outlook but I'm kind of slowly becoming anti-Microsoft, and after years of using every Microsoft service possible, the only Microsoft product I use at this point is Outlook.com (I have Office installed but I avoid it like the plague).

I'm trying to find a way off of outlook.com but the only other great alternative I can think of is gmail and I'd rather not go to gmail either because then I lose Push ability on my iPad unless I use Google's app (and I want to use the stock app).

What email service are you using, and does it provide Push/Exchange support?

MattG

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
iCloud, though I'd probably switch to Gmail if I weren't already so established with my iCloud account (iCloud's webmail interface is abhorrent).

Menel

macrumors 603
Aug 4, 2011
Who is your current e-mail provider?

Custom GMail domain + Mailbox app.

It totally reworked how I manage email. Has push.

bwhinnen

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2010
San Diego
Google Apps for Business ... gives me ActiveSync for the iDevices and with my own domains and just three subscribers in the family is cheap enough.

Cheaper than the previous solution of a VPS and having to manage and maintain my own email system :D

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
I use the email address I get through my ISP provider and Apple mail to read my email. Why use Gmail, when you get a free email account with your ISP ?

Primejimbo

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2008
Around
I use @me (iCloud) and @outlook. I actually like outlook a lot and went to them when I dumped gmail. I like it so much better than gmail and the web site for it is so much cleaner looking.

I use the email address I get through my ISP provider and Apple mail to read my email. Why use Gmail, when you get a free email account with your ISP ?
Because you go to a different ISP, you lose your email. With gmail/outlook/yahoo, it doesn't matter who your ISP is.

iBlazed

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2014
New Jersey, United States
Why use Gmail, when you get a free email account with your ISP ?
Gmail is free as well, and not attached to an ISP account. Anything could happen in life, you can move to a different area that is not supported by your ISP and your account will be cancelled. Better to not have an email address attached to an ISP.

cambookpro

Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
My main account is with fasthosts.co.uk with a custom domain - the email I use for my Apple developer account is also with them. I also have my iCloud address as my secondary email address.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.