Who isn't having antenna issues?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by michael31986, Jun 24, 2010.

1. michael31986 macrumors 68040

im not. i don't notice any difference :D i love my iPHone 4!

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

3. coz macrumors member

Zero issues here. Coming from the 3G and loving it!

4. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

Tried my hardest but no antenna issue could be replicated.
    No yellow dots on screen issue either.

5. gdlcjr macrumors regular

For me issue only happens indoor. Outdoor it is okay

6. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

Same here. I tried to hold it the way explained in those videos, but I've never been able to duplicate the problem either.

7. tzag macrumors member

tzag

8. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

if your going to rape your phone with your hand you will have issues lol...
    all the videos i see of the signal dropping show them grasping the phone for dear life...I for one do not hold a phone like that..

9. wake6830 macrumors regular

I do not have the issue when I'm at my apartment in downtown Los Angeles, or walking/driving around in the area.

I did have the issue when I was at work in Santa Ana (Orange County) earlier today.

10. withe011 macrumors regular

I can replicate the problem about 1 out of every 10 times I try. I have to grip the phone very hard with my left hand and I can occasionally get it to do it. I don't generally hold my phone with a death grip (or in my left hand for that matter) so I wouldn't say I'm having problems with the reception. I'm perfectly satisfied to this point.

11. mytakeontech macrumors 6502a

12. hsleiman macrumors regular

No problems with mine. I've tried holding it every way I could think of including the way shown on video. I also seem to have a perfect screen. Really happy so far!

13. woosah macrumors regular

woosah

I can't replicate the signal loss plaguing other people, but I do have the yellow screen issue. I have a 16.

14. plusonechoi macrumors member

Previously all my friends with iPhones that came into my house were unable to get any kind of reception at all. Leaving me a bit hesitant and reluctant to jump ship to AT&T...however i took the plunge with iPhone4 and am extremely happy! I have been using it at home with roughly 2 bars and have been unable to replicate any of the reception issues. So I to have no problems with antenna here! very pleased with my phone! :D

15. PG-Monkey macrumors regular

16. alana22 macrumors regular

I thought I wasn't.. then I was playing solitaire and I noticed the phone had 2 bars. I moved my palm off that lower left area and the bars returned.

Fortunately, the way I naturally hold my phone when I'm talking leaves this trouble area completely free, so I'm not worried.

17. darkhunter139 macrumors regular

When I use it just normal its fine but if I try to replicate the issue I can. (Never loses service completely though)

18. SexyBeast macrumors regular

I can replicate the issue, but the way I normally hold the phone doesn't cover that area. And I'm left handed too!

19. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Well, for me, not only is it uncomfortable to hold my iPhone 4 the way they described; I will definitely get a case as they suggested as soon as they HAVE iPhone 4 CASES that I can purchase! I asked one of the Apple employees (as I was holding a black bumper), "is this the UGLIEST one you've got?" :D

20. rcownley macrumors member

No issues, in fact the signal on the train to and from work was never this good and consistant on my 3GS.

I'm one happy traveler.

21. matty.p macrumors 6502

Everything's fine with mine, I've tried pretty hard a few different times and can't replicate the issue and I know at least four people with the new phone and they don't have the issue as well.

Either way I don't know anyone that has a death grip like that on their phone when actually using it and most people I know with iPhones have a case on it. Seems like a very vocal minority to me :/

22. og3og macrumors member

og3og

No issues here, held it all different ways and no signal loss.

23. Regul8tR macrumors member

Regul8tR

No antenna issues here. I've actually noticed improved signal strength. I've held the iPhone4 away and close to the ear - and no signal issues. I think these comments are being fueled by haters.
    but then again: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/apple