Who just uses a full body skin ?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by richxps, Nov 27, 2010.

1. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

Just curious who just uses a full skin on the iPhone 4? And I mean with no bumpers etc?
    How well has your phone held up? And do you use a pouch with the skin.
    Reason I ask is because I'm thinking of ditching my cases and going with a skin only.

2. protox macrumors regular

I just use a front and back skin. Still 100% scratch free. No pouch. I just make sure I don't put anything in the same pocket as my phone.

3. Sixth Street macrumors member

I've tried a few cases here and there, but always come back to uncased with powersupport crystal front, bodyguardz back, and lucky labs side.

It works well, and I don't have any scratches, but I've never dropped it and it's always had it's dedicated pants/shorts pocket when in transport.

The phone feels better without a case and there's really no case to protect the screen from fracture. And the back glass is replaced by Apple for $29 anyways, less than the cost of many cases. So I figure the case doesn't really monetarily protect the device.

4. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

Agreed, that's the way I see it, that's why if I ever put on a case again it will be for the ENTIRE device including the front screen, such as the defender case when I do an event that I could use the protection, for instance when I go snowboarding! :)

5. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

6. JayXL14 macrumors member

^^ You mind taking some pics so we can see what it looks like?

7. ihonda macrumors 68000

8. kaikai830 macrumors 6502

I believed that's just the front and back films, not the whole body protection.

9. phatjoe88 macrumors member

I have had the same Ghost Armor Full Body protection from launch day and have not had a single problem. I do have a Sena pouch that I put it in when I'm traveling around with it in my pocket, but I hardly ever remember to grab it. Works great and not a single blemish on my phone.

10. Osamede macrumors 6502

Just for the record the Gelaskin is not a "skin at at all. It is basically separate decals that you paste on theback glass, a small portion of the front glass and and portion of the sides. This acts as a partial defense against scratches, but is in no way complete protection, as there are still surfaces expose and there is zero impact protection privided.

Id'd think of it as a cute form of personalised surface overlay basically, but not more than that.

11. shakeman0 macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

I use a full body Gelaskin with a screen protector and pouch. My phone looks great so far!