Who likes the unified inbox?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mrjayd, Jun 24, 2010.

1. mrjayd macrumors regular

I don't really like it and still use the individual inboxes because with 4 different mail accounts I can't tell which new message is from what account in the unified inbox. They need to color code them or something.
    Thoughts?

2. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

Color code would be nice. But, I love the unified inbox.

3. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4 (32GB): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

I like it, too.

4. canitPRO macrumors newbie

I like the unified inbox, but wish the threading was handled more like in gmail

5. Advil macrumors 6502a

i love it for deleting and viewing everyday random stuff. but one email address is cluttered and one is really organized, so the weak link there is obviously the clutter.

6. alecgold macrumors 65816

alecgold

W have we done so long without???
    Checking who is the addressed is easy: it shows in the to line and if your not sure, click on your name and you're shown to whom it is send

7. xtend macrumors regular

8. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

i LOVE it! that was one of the things i was most excited about the new OS!!!!

9. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

The OP mentioned a big flaw, but it's still a huge improvement. I just added my work e-mail and often get home mail to two separate accounts. The multiple taps needed to go between all those accounts was annoying.

10. Mike330R macrumors member

Wish we could make folders to store e-mail in rather than saving stuff in your inbox.

11. MacAudio macrumors newbie

MacAudio

I love the fact that you can view all mailboxes however I would love to like some type of color to them identifiably.

overall great phone!

12. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

It took me a bit to get used to it but I really like it now. Colors would be nice indeed.

13. duckmanjbr macrumors newbie

love it!

Looks like I'm going to be one of the many and say I love it as well but color coding would be a big help!

Although, has anyone had any problems with it not displaying all the emails from a mailbox? I'm running on an old 3G iPhone and have 4 different email accounts so the older 3G might be part of my problem but I can't get it to view older emails that are viewable when looked at through the individual email accounts. Any and all new incoming email is seen but anything that was in my inbox prior to the iOS4 upgrade can't be viewed by the group inbox. weird....