Who lives near someone they dislike (hate)?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by EvanLugh, Apr 14, 2008.

1. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

I have this really annoying neighbour. She thinks she's the beezkneez. She's around 80. She gossips about everyone and everything in the street. She makes our street look horrible with stupid railings. Bloody gypsy.

Anyone else have a raving neighbour (neighbor) that cheeses them off?

:(

2. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Errm. OK.
    You really hate an 80 year old woman because she gossips about you and has different taste in street furniture from you?
    You are how old?
    Do you even know what hate is?
    :rolleyes:

3. Much Ado macrumors 68000

Much Ado

I live with myself, but it's something I've learnt to cope with.

4. EvanLugh thread starter macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

I'm too old. It's hard to describe. For example, when I'm parking up at night you can see her glasses in the mirror (reflection) looking at you. It's more on the what is your problem side. Today she had a fire in her garden (8AM) and ash went all over my washing and I'm going to have to do it again. I see where you're coming from though. :eek:

5. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Hummm. Well maybe you're close enough in age to her that she's taken a fancy to you? ;) :D

Mind you some people are just annoyingly eccentric…
    Ever read Lady in the Van?

6. EvanLugh thread starter macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

Maybe hate is too much of a strong word, you're right.

Lady in the van? No, never heard of it. But if she's as dodgy as my neighbour, Doreen (who actually looks like someone off Bo-Selecta or Shameless (?)) then I think I'll leave it at that.

7. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Ah well, a picture is worth how many words again? :eek:

Attached Files:

8. EvanLugh thread starter macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

Haha. Just the usual Burberry bag and white hair for this woman.

9. Keebler macrumors 68030

just ignore her.

sure, she's a pain in the arse gossiper, but really, what does it matter?

unless she's physically in your face harming you or your other neighbours, it doesn't matter.

hate is a strong word. there's enough of that going around in today's world.

hate leads to the dark side :)

10. Santa Rosa macrumors 65816

Santa Rosa

Pictures please!!!!

11. EvanLugh thread starter macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

But then she might create a thread about me. :(

12. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

1. 80 years old and computer literate…
    2. Mac user…

She's OK by me! ;)

13. EvanLugh thread starter macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

As Adam Sandler once said, "Eeewy".

14. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

A gypsy that owns and lives in a house?

Or is this a trailer park?

15. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

YES!

The Kelly's

They live on the street that my road is off of on the corner. They are crazy.

1) They will literally jump out at you if they suspect you are speeding (never have done this to me but they have done it to my mom and I've seen it happen to others)
    2) They always give you a dirty look when you drive by
    3) They put up no trespassing signs every 6ft across their front yard until someone rips out the unsightly signs and drops them on their door step
    4) Same as above only with reflectors on poles
    5) Same with orange painted stakes
    6) They position spot lights in there yard facing the road which blind drivers on a windy and hilly road- making the road even more dangerous than it already is
    7) They call the police on everyone for having a campfire in their back yard or having fireworks, or doing other things of that nature
    8) They throw their daughter a sweet 16 party and blast music until 2 am- as you can suspect everyone in the neighborhood called the police on them just out of hatred
    9) The mother attends local board of education and PTA meetings even though her kids go to private school
    10) They always have matching cars- they used to have matching silver mercedes, then 2 white acuras- an RL and an MDX, and now 2 blue Volvo's- an XC70 and a S40 (annoys me for some reason)

Believe me people really hate them. Enough so that some one in spray paint wrote "FCK U" with an arrow pointing to their house a couple years ago. Last fall someone did donuts in their yard. They have a nice stately colonial that is well maintained and a beautifully renovated barn but they are just jerks.

16. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

17. Patrick425 macrumors member

Thou Shalt Love Thy Neighbor as Thyself

Leviticus 19:18

18. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Our neighbours are twunts. They park badly and always slam their doors. (we live in a flat) Overall they are not terrible but there is a distinct sense of inconsideration on their parts.

Thou shalt not post this sort of rubbish on MR

Me: 11:41am

19. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Says who?

20. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

too funny :)

My neighbors upstairs are two tiny people and one very very tiny baby. They make more noise then if a family of 23 truck drivers who threw around tires as a pastime. I swear if I hear the constant pounding all night or the sound of a extremely freakin large ping pong ball one more time I might just start losing it. This is the first step.

One thing thats not their fault is that the baby sleeps above me and likes to cry. a lot.

21. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

We pretty much hate everyone around us, apart from the family that live over the road (they're honest and decent)...

To my left, we have a chav family who's (34 year old) son loves to make us aware that he's coming home drunk at 2am every couple of days, he can't walk without stamping and can't close a door quietly (seriously cracks are appearing...)

To my right, we have stuck up snobs who since moving in have thrown several "parties" in which they all get midly drunk untill the early hours, then they go abroad for several months at a time :confused:

Over the road to my left is a family with a estate agent father, need I say more, he really is a crook, he damaged the front wall of our neighbours house (when we had a nice 80 year old lady there who sadly died not long after this), devaluing the house so the chavs (their cosey friends) could move in.

Over the road to my right is a ex dirt bike driver who on the outside, appears very nice and kind, but really deep down he's a someone you don't want to get on the wrong side of...

It all happens out 'ere in the countryside dunnit :p

22. KJmoon117 macrumors 6502a

Haha I live in an apartment complex so I don't know the people around me but their actions every morning pisses me off.

Two doors per floor so mine is on the right and my neighbor is on the left. Every morning they give me a damn cold stare and sometimes when they get in the elevator right when I leave my house they close the door on me. Back down to B1 then all the way back to 18, a slow ass crawl. ><

I hate living here >< but then again I don't have much of a choice.

23. cleanup macrumors 68030

cleanup

I hate my roommate. Yeah, he's about 8 feet away from me.

24. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

Sounds like the economy hasn't been too kind to them.

25. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

:D:D Great observation.