Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rdillon2008

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 23, 2018
Bahamas
They're all Samsung now. There is no way to check either and I doubt ever will be. Apple has removed any trace like that on all their devices a long time ago.

Thank Gid I got my phone early because LG is about to start production

madKIR

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2010
NYC
I thought LG was making the screens for the xs max
It has never been confirmed and there are articles mentioning that they have just passed the Apple quality tests for mass production, so they might be about to start manufacturing those. Whatever is on the shelves has the Samsung screen now.

Reactions: iHammah

BODYBUILDERPAUL

Suspended
Feb 9, 2009
Barcelona
My bet is that LG will soon make some terrific screens for the iPhone. Just look at the quality of their OLED TVs!!! Also Samsung have made some really bad screens in the past too and their TVs are not so highly regarded these days either.
A friend of mine had a Samsung phone and man, that screen was so blue in the white. It was horrible!
We all know how strict Apple are with QC. Google are not on the same level by miles in comparison so please, don't worry - just enjoy!!!
PS Typing this on my MacBook with an LG screen built in and it's beautiful!

stafil

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2017
Your going to hear far more complaints about something vs. compliments online. Don’t believe me? Scroll through this forum. Tons of us have no issues with our phones yet here it’s lit up with issues.

That's the mission of the forum, for people to express their complaints or ask their questions, so I think it's normal

Waterman316

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2018
That's the mission of the forum, for people to express their complaints or ask their questions, so I think it's normal
Yea I’m not saying anything against it. Just a lot of people see things like that and think that it’s a wide spread issue when a lot of times it’s not, it’s just that you will hear the complaints more.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.