Who misses their first gen iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by richxps, Aug 10, 2008.

1. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

just wondering because at times I miss my first gen iPhone . The looks and the feel. Tell me your reasons?

2. Sonicjay macrumors 6502a

Sonicjay

I've had mine in its box on a shelf for a month now since I got the new one; I just took it out a few minutes ago to wipe it and put it on ebay, and damn.. it sure is nice.. It feels heavier (though it's technically not) in a solid kind of way, and I really love the look of the aluminum back. Maybe I'll just sell the 3G.. :p

3. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I don't miss it because it is still activated right here and I use it just as much as my 3G 16GB white!

4. lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

I sure as heck don't. Hmmm internet speed is about 8 times slower then my 3G, ear speaker quality is not as good, it is not white in color and other personal preferences. I don't know about you guys but the 3G is by far the deciding factor for me and I get on average 1.2 Mbps in and around the area I live. GPS is nice, though I really don't use that feature.

I don't miss the first generation at all. :)

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I don't miss our (3) former iPhones. My family is all about 3G iPhones, since I've sold all three v1 iPhones and they've paid for our new 3G iPhones...:cool:

6. Espo macrumors 6502

I completely agree. When im on EDGE, when my battery is low, I get so frustrated. 3G is def worth it...

Speaker quality is also a major plus. My 1st Gen speaker was despicable, and my 3G speaker is def useful, unlike my 1st gen.

also the 3g, even though it isnt thinner, it feels much thinner and better, plus it looks better. :]

oh, and i sold my 4gb for 250 and i got the 8gb 3G, so im up money.

7. crazyitalian198 macrumors regular

The feel of the 2G is pretty nice. It isn't as wide as the new one and I feel like I grip it better...though the screen feels smaller.

The best part about my 2G is I didn't care about dropping it any more. I got over that it had scratches and I just enjoyed it. Also 1.1.4 was way more stable.

Other than that, I'm glad I sold it!

8. PACMAC macrumors regular

PACMAC

i love mine ...its still a great tool to have..get the job done..yes its slow but hey still pretty much dose the same thing as new one..only diffrence is 3g/gps..
    its not a major diffrence..:rolleyes:

iphone 4g is next:confused: