Who needs a new MBP the most? Me!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by joefinan, Feb 4, 2008.

1. joefinan macrumors 6502a

I think I must be the most desperate person for a new MBP.

Below is how I currently have to use my old PowerBook G4:

- The hard-drive is there because I filled up my internal drive about six months ago (all my photos and music are on the external drive)

- The USB dongle is because my Bluetooth no longer works and that's the easiest way to now transfer files to my housemate's iBook.

- As the screen went black last week, I now have to have the computer plugged into my TV via a DVI to PC cable.

- The power cable is because my battery lasts no more than an hour (even with no monitor to power!)

- The bottle of gin (not shown) is to calm my nerves every time I see the spinning beachball of doom - which is often.

I have the money sitting in the bank waiting for Apple to announce their lovely new MBPs, but I don't know how much longer I can wait. My laptop is now anything but!

So come on - anyone think they're more desperate for a new MBP? I doubt it!!

Attached Files:

2. design-is macrumors 65816

design-is

I'm using a six year old Pentium 3 which doesn't start up until the 5th try, has a flickery screen and crashing issues when it finally loads windows. Oh, and my screen is scratched and i have to constantly back up everything onto an external hard drive in fear of loosing all my artwork files.

And the fan goes 'wwwwwwhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrr' which is quite annoying....

Adding to that I have been putting off initiating new projects because I'm waiting to kick off on my new MBP when they finally get here!

:D

3. joefinan thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok, maybe you win.

Although my fan goes wwwwwhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrr too, but with a bit of a grrrrrick every now and again.

4. design-is macrumors 65816

design-is

ooooh our older computer went grik just before its motherboard fried lol

but it was a pc, not a mac, so your probably safer :p

5. elberggreno macrumors member

My girlfriend has dumped me and my P4 "always crashing" complete with a 20" ****** CRT in - A CLOSET - , yes thats right, I can barely fit inside and my back hurts like f*ck after spending more than 15min in there..

I have 3 websites and several other projects on hold until I get the MBP.. not to mention all the personal portfolio stuff I have'nt done cause I was waiting for the MBP.. Damn I should have just used my credit in june and bought it then instead of saving up first..

And to top it all of I gave her my Ibook G4 cause I supposed Jan 15th would be the magic date.. stupid me..

6. jbg232 macrumors 65816

jbg232

My 8 year old laptop was stolen from my hotel room so I am currently computerless.

I think only people without ANY computer can compete for who needs it the most. In my opinion that guy is me. The only way I am able to type this right now is on my ipod and using an ipod as your main computer really sucks after the first day.

7. joefinan thread starter macrumors 6502a

"My 8 year old laptop was stolen from my hotel room so I am currently computerless."

So, still no MBP - are you still waiting?

8. calabi macrumors regular

I need a macbook pro the most, i currantly don't have a computer at home, only at work, and i'm a freelance sound producer!! i cannot work :(

9. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

sue the hotel

10. joefinan thread starter macrumors 6502a

What? So you can't work at the moment? That's a no-brainer. Buy one today...

11. calabi macrumors regular

i need it to last me as long as possible, i'm hoping for a hard-drive bump and the extra battery life really interests me.

12. tremendous macrumors 6502

tremendous

in case you guys hadn't noticed, Apple currently have a pretty comprehensive range of laptops and desktop computers for sale. Go and buy one.

13. GeneKam macrumors regular

hah, i laugh at all of you. Just go out and get a current model. If update to the MBP would be major, Steve would wait untill the mid year show. Plus if it is this soon, this would be posted on 2008 keynote. Stop flooding and wait untill apple announces.

14. joefinan thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ooooooh! (raises handbag)

15. jbg232 macrumors 65816

jbg232

I'm impatiently waiting and using my iPod touch as my main computer. Now that's desperate!

And yes, I got the insurer of the hotel to pay for my stolen laptop but now I just need to get one.