Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wilycoder

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 4, 2008
After loading up videos, music, apps, iTunesU classes, books, and comics, my 64 gig is already used up!!!

Who else wishes they had a 256GB iPad (and would easily pay for it)?

Me!!!!

henrikrox

macrumors 65816
Feb 3, 2010
Got 64gb myself.

And while i dont know if u do this, but i never quite understood the idea of people loading a bunch of movies/tvshows on the ipad. I mean, ur probably charging/syncing each day, so i leave that stuff out (allthough i have UP in HD allways on my ipad to showcase the device)

Also with apps like netflix/Abc and network streaming i find it hard to justify why i should need videos on there (if im not going on vacation that is).

If i fill up my ipad, then i got 25gb left.

15gb movies (thats 13 movies in dvd quality) and 1 in hd.
15gb tvshows (1 season each of family guy, american dad, the office, big bang theory and the simpsons)
21 albums, and some pictures.
8 audiobooks and 16 ebooks

And thats if i load everything i need.

aaron580

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2010
If i had gotten the 32 like i planned i would have filled it uo by now. I dont have unlimited internet at home so i cant do all the streaming and such so i gotta fill it with as much media as i can. So far ive got 30 left but its filing up fast...

henrikrox

macrumors 65816
Feb 3, 2010
I dont understand why u have to fill it up with stuff. Whats the point of that if ur not going to use it?

Also, if u can download over 20gb+++ in movies, then u must be able to stream aswell? O_O

supermanx

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2010
If i had gotten the 32 like i planned i would have filled it uo by now. I dont have unlimited internet at home so i cant do all the streaming and such so i gotta fill it with as much media as i can. So far ive got 30 left but its filing up fast...

I grabbed 16 not sure I would use it as much as I have... Got a 32 on hold from best buy's next shipment for a no restocking fee upgrade.

Jinkst

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2008
Sydney, AUS
Although I think I will put alot more on my iPad including movies etc than I do on my iPhone, I don't think I'll need more then the 64GB I'll have. I hardly ever filled more than half the memory on my iPhone as it is.

My iPod is for carrying around ALL my music, as I might be out and think "damn I want to listen to that song I haven't heard in a while," while my iPhone and iPad are for much more selective things that I'll listen to/watch alot more at the time. That's how I handle things anyway.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
I haven't even come close to filling up my 16GB. I have tons of apps loaded, a few books, a couple movies, and about 120 pics. No music -- no real need & tons of music on my iPhone anyway. Still have about 10GB free. It's all about media management. You can only watch/listen/play with so much in a given week.

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
TBH, I think the iPhone "HD" will get a bump to 64GB and the iPad will follow suit with 128GB when they unveil Rev. B.

henrikrox

macrumors 65816
Feb 3, 2010
I haven't even come close to filling up my 16GB. I have tons of apps loaded, a few books, a couple movies, and about 120 pics. No music -- no real need & tons of music on my iPhone anyway. Still have about 10GB free. It's all about media management. You can only watch/listen/play with so much in a given week.

Very well said :)

A cookie for you

Hammie

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro
I don't have mine yet, but will be getting the 64GB 3G model.

I have preparing what I will sync on my device.

Right now, this is what I have planned:

- 20-25 GB ALAC music
- 9-10 GB pictures
- 5-6 GB Technical PDF's
- about 20 apps

Right there I would have outgrown a 32GB version. I'm glad I got the 64GB. I'm not so sure I would want anything bigger, but it would be a nice upgrade down the road with future versions and once I start adding additional files.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
sounds to me like if you had 256GB you'd fill that up too and be asking for 1TB.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.