Who needs this many apps?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by HappyDude20, Dec 21, 2008.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

So here I am with 5 pages of apps, not filled to the brim yet upset since it's on my mind.

See, we don't use all these apps every day. I'll leave Gaming apps out of this since they are afterall, just games. But aside from gaming apps, most apps aren't really needed. And having all this apps just in case when that day comes around seems to be getting in the way of actually being progressive with an ipod touch.

To battle the problem I decided to make 5 pages of apps. The first, main page for the apps like safari, mail, stanza, air sharing,youtube. the apps i use all the time and NEED. NEED in order to go through my day, with say an important document or kill time reading something important or maps to get around.

2nd page is stuff i'm most likely to use such as aol radio when the touch is hooked up to my bose dock, or i.tv or aim.

3rd page is apps i hardly use but have a purpose like howcast, wiki, flashlight, pandora, phoneflix...

4th is games...

5th is the stuff i never use like app store, itunes, calendar, stocks...

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm stressing here wondering how I can feel confident about using my ipod touch wisely rather than fiddling around and wasting time with the apps i don't need. Honestly i'm so confused on the matter i'd figure i'd post here hoping someone could help or advice on the matter.

2. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

i think the whole concept of being able to download and store these apps is a fun past time.

my front page is my essentials, like bbc iplayer link, fstream radio, weather, settings, maps etc etc. 2nd, 3rd, 4th 5th are games, 6th and 7th are utilities.

yup, 99% of the time i dont use 99% of the apps (i've got numerous games i've downloaded for a lot of money i haven't even played yet), but it's fun and i really enjoy having them. it's like any other hobby. like collecting books or magazines - i love buying books. dont read most of them, but it makes me happy owning them :)

3. iRyann macrumors regular

iRyann

Aren't really needed!? Are you on crack my friend. What about iFooty, News Readers, BBCiPlayer, and Utilities?

Come on dude you have an iPT please use it to the full of its ability.

4. ZuneMan? macrumors regular

5. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

you dont download apps for need, but for want :)

6. Sijmen macrumors 6502a

I have a great time just trying out new stuff. I've got just over 6 pages right now. First is defaults apps + Remote, second and third are apps and games I use quite often (or want to keep close for when I do need them). The remaining three pages are just apps sitting there, some not being touched for weeks.

And I don't delete apps unless they're really bad. I found that when you delete an app you suddenly NEED it the next day.