Who originally developed multi touch?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mugs, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Mugs macrumors regular

Hey guys, a hav a friend who is an avid microsoft user and always bashs apple. for example he said that he looked at apples page for leopard n was like "thats already in vista, thats already in xp, thats already in windows 98!" i was like wtf!!! were u lookin at the wrong page or summin, anyway u get the point, he argued wit me today that microsoft originally developed multi touch n that apple stole it from them!!! i was sure that this wasnt true bt i dnt hav any proof. cud u guys help me defeat the evil microsoft bastard!!!
    thanks a lot

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Wikipedia:

MS had nothing to do with the creation of multitouch. Jeff Han made it cool to the public last year, and the iPhone brought it to us in a small way a few months ago (Han says its not "true" multitouch, and I personally agree).

3. Mugs thread starter macrumors regular

thankyou so pyschofreak!!!! he annoys me sooo much wit his, oooo microsoft is soooooo much better than apple! he even refuses to touch my touch cus its made by apple!!! bt wen i get my penryn macbook pro wit leopard in january, i will put his crappy windows(o i need a terabyte of ram to work smoothly)vista laptop to shame!!!! anyway thankyou for ur quick response!!!:)

4. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Never again will I allow an Englishman to berate us Yanks for our language.

Thanks!

5. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

%75 of Vista's new feature were stolen straight from OSX (and it still sucks) .... so why is he complaining....

6. unity macrumors 6502a

Priceless!

And really who knows when Apple decided on the interface they are using? We know the phone was developed for two years, at least. I am sure R&D was playing with ideas before the meeting with Cingular. I bet it is safe to say the phone was being developed over a three year period.

Then we have the Newton which had an interface like no other PDA. For those who had/have a Newton, the iPhone seems VERY familiar. Notes, trash can icon, etc...

7. Mugs thread starter macrumors regular

yes I know, he's one of those super annoying guys who refuses to accept that OS X is a much better operating system. Also is that good enough English? I'm sorry that I didn't write in perfect English, I really am. But I'm not like normal English people, I actually like Americans. My brother-in-law is actually from Chicago, so actually really like you guys. :D

8. sananda macrumors 68020

don't put yourself down.