Who owns a slingbox???

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by wayland1985, Jul 6, 2009.

1. wayland1985 macrumors 6502

I've been toying with the idea of getting a Slingbox for my MacBook Pro. My room is set up such that my desk faces one wall, and my TV is to my back. I can't really reorganize my room due to space constraints.

While doing work, I think it would be nice to have my TV playing in the upper right corner of my MBP's screen.

Does the slingbox work well? How much system resources does it take??? Will is turn my MBP into a sluggish heat generator???

Which one is good to buy?

2. yaemes macrumors member

alright, its cool. the slingplayer software runs about 10%-15% of the CPU so while not exactly great it won't heat up the computer.

3. brentsg macrumors 68040

I have an HD Slingbox but I haven't spent much time with the new Mac beta client yet.

4. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I have one and I love it. Mine is downstairs and my computer upstairs. I have the player running on a Mac Pro mostly but when I run on my Macbook Air it works fine too.

Although in your situation, a rear view mirror might be a cheaper fix! :)

5. DFTU101 macrumors member

Slingbox

I have the same problems as you with my Mac facing another way. I use a Slingbox (works great!).

6. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

haahaaa - I was thinking the same exact thing. Mount a mirror on his wall. :D

I have one as well. I think it is nice, but I were you I would look at an eyeTV. It will plug into your Mac and doesn't tie up the network resources.

It's on my short list.