Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SR42

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2016
By the time I got my order in at 2:10 central I got a 2-3 week shipping estimate. Looks like my best bet is waiting outside my local AT&T store on Thursday night. Heres hoping they get stock!
Who else is planning on waiting in line, either at a carrier or apple?

Diorama

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2017
I’ve got a 09:00-09:30 pickup time from Apple so might end in a queue of some kind anyway.

bkrbyndr

macrumors member
Dec 20, 2014
Stockholm
They opened pre order 09:01 in Sweden, I ordered mine in same time got confirmation at 09:03 hopefully I will get it on 3th nov

Dirtydutch

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2015
Jerseyyy
Seems like Apple really does want some store stock this time around, probably for the optics especially for its anniversary, so I'm' sure if you're diligent enough you could get one

SR42

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2016
Or you should be order online next week(much like pre-order) for pickup and not have to stand in line.
Can you elaborate? When would they open this?
[doublepost=1509112673][/doublepost]
Seems like Apple really does want some store stock this time around, probably for the optics especially for its anniversary, so I'm' sure if you're diligent enough you could get one

Yea I would get to my AT&T store around 2-3pm Thursday to be first in line. Its a college town so theres definitely going to be others that show up as well. Last year for the 7 plus i showed up at 6pm and was the first in line at AT&T. The line grew to about 25 people by midnight.

myscrnnm

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
Still debating if I should line up or not. I got a preorder for November 10-17 delivery, but would really like to have it day one. I know it sounds pretty consumerist to want it 1-2 weeks earlier than I am already guaranteed for, but economically it makes sense because I'd have it for longer while paying the exact same price, so I'm getting more utility out of it.

AppleZombie

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2012
SoCal
Can you elaborate? When would they open this?

They don't "open" per say. As the store receives stock, the availability online will show and then it's just of matter of picking up in store.

Right now those who pre-ordered are guaranteed to have a phone delivered to their store of choice for release day. When your local Apple store receives their shipment of X's for launch day it will update on the Apple website and you will be able to order and pick up. The problem is you have to constantly check the apple.com for updates.

SR42

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2016
Still debating if I should line up or not. I got a preorder for November 10-17 delivery, but would really like to have it day one. I know it sounds pretty consumerist to want it 1-2 weeks earlier than I am already guaranteed for, but economically it makes sense because I'd have it for longer while paying the exact same price, so I'm getting more utility out of it.
Same boat. But I'm someone that always needs the new phone on launch day so if waiting on line is the only way, so be it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.