Who plans to wait in line at an AT&T store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nickspohn, Jun 12, 2009.

1. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

I've been so busy these last few days. I, (I can't believe this) just finally checked my upgraded eligibility. I know you can reserve a spot in line at an Apple store, but that isn't an option at the AT&T store correct? I want to make sure I'm not missing anything, because I want to get there bright and early and not be told I needed to have a reservation..

2. bjquach macrumors 6502

I'm waiting at Apple.

For AT&T, if you reserved your phone, there will be 2 separate lines. One for reservations and one for non-reservations. Reserves get priority.

3. ryvetted macrumors member

I reserved mine through the Apple store, but was told it's still first come, first serve anyway.
    I'm waiting at my mall an hour early........just in case.

4. chhhrrriiisss macrumors 6502a

Pre-ordered from Apple.com so I didn't get to the store and be told there are none left. I waiting in line at like 5AM for the 3g on release day and I just don't wanna deal with that again.

5. nikhsub1 macrumors 68000

nikhsub1

I don't see the logic of standing in line this year when you can order it from Apple and have it delivered on or before the 19th. :confused:

6. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

If you are eligible to pre-order why, oh, why, would you want to waste your valuable and non-refundable time waiting in line?

The smart money is pre-ordering w/ delivery at home/office.

7. nickspohn thread starter macrumors 68040

nickspohn

See my signature.

I can't wait around for a delivery all day.

8. edk99 macrumors 6502a

There is nothing in the world I would waste time waiting in line for that I can order online and have it delivered.

9. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I'm leaving town on the 20th. If it doesn't get delivered on the 19th, I'm screwed.

What does Fedex do to packages not claimed for over 10 days? I have no idea but I don't want to test it with an iPhone!

I pre-ordered at the AT&T store. I'm expecting the "line" I have to wait in to be under 15 minutes. I'll be in a line with other people who all paid ahead of time. Certainly that can't take too long, since all the paperwork will be out of the way for all of us.

10. javaGuru macrumors 6502a

javaGuru

I can't wait around for the delivery either. However, I'm going to call Fed-Ex and have them hold it for me at the local fed-ex location so I can pick it up at my earliest convenience.

11. dagomike macrumors 65816

Dude, just pre-order it. If you want it first thing in the morning, then do it at ATT. Otherwise just get it shipped to you.

12. chattermark macrumors member

I am glad that we can pre-order so we dont have to wait in line. It doesnt make any sense to wait in line when you can pick one up when you have time. I hate standing in line waiting for something that you have no idea if you are going to get one or not. <M>

13. gadgetdad macrumors 6502a

gadgetdad

I had issues with AT&T and my family plan so I went and fixed that while preordering at the store. So I will be inline at 7am for AT&T. Luckily for the 299 price. :apple:

14. Fainer macrumors member

Here is a question for those of you who know.

I am a current Verizon customer. My contract is over and I am signing up as a new customer with AT&T. I have not decided whether I am going to order it and have it shipped here or stand in line at an Apple store or AT&T store.

If I order it and have it shipped here (through Apple or AT&T) will it be ready to make calls right out of the box? I thought I would still have to get it activated and sign contracts and stuff? Am I still going to have to go to the store even if I have it delivered here?

Any advice?

15. nickspohn thread starter macrumors 68040

nickspohn

So if I pre order it, what does that mean?

16. ryvetted macrumors member

I don't mind standing in line if it's just for an hour. I don't trust the mail to get it to me on the 19th at all!!
    I want to get mine in person!

17. dagomike macrumors 65816

You can pre-order on either Apple or AT&T online. It should be delivered to you on the 19th. Or, you can go into a corporate AT&T store and pre-order. It will ship to the store, and you can pick it up anytime. It seems all/most stores are opening at 7 AM for pre-orders to get them in and out before everyone is allowed in at 8 AM.

18. Hieu macrumors member

Yeah I'm hoping the line will go by fast too. I'm planning to get to the store around 6:40 am. If the line is super long though, I might just head back home and go back to sleep.

19. AsianChexMix macrumors regular

A friend of mine and I have decided regardless we would go and camp out for the night. I hope we aren't the only ones because it would suck. Worse comes to worse, we can sleep in the car and wake up.

20. bigchief macrumors 6502a

There are several reasons why the lines will not be like the last 2 years. Your able to preorder, many who own the 3g will not upgrade until they can qualify for the subsidized price, and the down turn with the economy.

So if I were you moving from a different carrier, setting up a family plan, and purchasing new phones, I would go to the AT&T store and look the rep in the eyes to take care of business.

Just my 2 cents.

21. BassetCase macrumors member

That is exactly my situation. My husband and I are on a different carrier, porting 1 number, and setting up a family plan which is why I preordered ours at the AT&T store and plan on going in the morning to set everything up.
    Otherwise I would have ordered online to get it shipped to me. I just want to make sure everything is set up right when I get it.

22. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

IIRC, you will need to activate it. Probably through iTunes. You won't need to go to a store or anything like that.

23. nickspohn thread starter macrumors 68040

nickspohn

See the thing I don't get is, how are they taking pre orders at the AT&T store? I'd like to just go pick it up right in the morning. I don't care if I have to wait in line. There are so many different answers going around on this forum about this I might as well just go to my AT&T store and figure it out.

24. nikhsub1 macrumors 68000

nikhsub1

I think you need to go to an ATT store and pay for the phone now, then get in line at 7am to get your phone on the 19th. All those that did this via ATT get priority that day. Who knows how many units each ATT store will get or how crowded the store you are at is. With Apple, if you reserve a phone it is essentially meaningless as it does not guarantee you anything, nor can you bypass a line. I don't know WTF the 'reservation' is actually for to tell you the truth.

25. nfl46 macrumors 603

Damn! Another one of these topics. :eek: I just saw like three of them yesterday saying the same thing.