Who pre-ordered at a B&M AT&T store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by paulisme, Jun 11, 2009.

1. paulisme macrumors 6502

Since I wanted to buy two iPhones (one for my wife and one for me), I didn't have the option of ordering online, so I went to the local AT&T store and pre-ordered there. They seemed pretty confident that as long as I was in line at 7 AM on the 19th that I'd get my phones that day. Did anyone else also pre-order at a brick & mortar AT&T store? Did the salesperson guarantee that you'd get your phone on the 19th?

2. AmpCoder macrumors 6502

When I went into my local AT&T store to see if I could pre-order the iPhone 3GS, the manager said she felt confident that they would have at least enough phones to cover the pre-orders and then some to sell to the general public. It may vary by location though, and I don't know if AT&T is going to use the pre-orders as a way to tell which locations get more phones.

3. BassetCase macrumors member

My husband and I both ordered one at the AT&T store and they told me when I purchased it that it would be shipped there and reserved for me. I called again today and talked to someone else to see what they would say and they told me that it gets shipped to their store with my name on it so I will be able to pick it up that day. If you look at your receipt it says your name c/o AT&T store. I hope they are right. I am not sure what time I should get to the store though. I am only worried that it will take awhile to set up my account depending on how many people are in front of me. I still have to work that day. I will probably go in late.

4. paulisme thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, the guy who sold us ours said our phones would have our names on them, too. I actually forgot about that until you mentioned it :) I guess that pretty much cinches it.

5. iranintoavan macrumors regular

iranintoavan

I pre-ordered in store and I wasn't promised anything but he made it seem like as long as I showed up a bit early for the 7:00 opening I should be good.

6. simplemind macrumors member

UT (for the time being, cant leave soon enough)
    I just got back from pre-ordering my phone, from my local corporate AT&T. I worked with the Manager of the store, and, he told me that this would not guarantee me my phone on the 19th but that AT&T would send me an e-mail and call me on Wednesday or Thursday next week to confirm that my phone is waiting for me on the 19th. So, from my understanding, there is no reason to go to a store and camp out early on Friday (unless you want to be the first one with a 3GS :) it will be their waiting for you at your convenience, or am I missing something??

7. Hieu macrumors member

I just came home from the store too and the employee there said that it was guaranteed. I dunno if I should take his word but they'll email me when it arrives so that's fine with me.

8. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

The AT&T in Boulder, CO told me it was guaranteed to be there. He said it would ship with my name on it. I figured if they can guarantee delivery for everyone online, they can for AT&T.

But the real question is, what will they do if they all don't arrive on the 19th??

9. malolans macrumors member

I pre-ordered through a B&M store and was told the same. I dont know how long it would take for them to activate my account. I was also told that it would be in store for 7 days before they sell it to somebody. But can you trust at&t :rolleyes:

10. NightStorm macrumors 68000

AT&T Direct Fulfillment will ship the phone to the store; the packaging will have your name on it and they will hold it for up to seven days. That said, I'm still planning on getting there at 6:30-6:45am so I'll have my phone before heading into work.

11. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

Me too.

12. fleeper macrumors 6502

I asked the rep a the stre also and was told that it was reserved. Glad I am not the only one who was paranoid about this! :rolleyes:

13. paulisme thread starter macrumors 6502

To those who were guaranteed a phone, did they email you a link to track the shipment of your phone? What about those who weren't guaranteed? They sent me one for each phone I ordered.

14. paulisme thread starter macrumors 6502

By the way, this was the text of the email:

15. NightStorm macrumors 68000

I didn't receive an email (unless it got stuck in my spam folder), but my order number shows up on the AT&T order status page... I was the first one to preorder at the closest store.

16. BassetCase macrumors member

I went to the store to purchase it so my order number is on my receipt.