Who prefers a glass screen protector over traditional?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by wmflyfisher, Sep 26, 2014.

1. wmflyfisher macrumors member

I'm not sold on a glass screen protector. What's so appealing about them? Can you easily remove them with no damage to the phone? Do you prefer the glass over a traditional protector?

2. hngu7721 macrumors newbie

I'd only used traditional film protectors on all my previous phones. However, after dropping my Note 2 (w/ Spigen protector) and shattering the screen, I knew I had to look for something more effective for my next phone; Note 3.

My current Note 3 has had an iloome tempered glass protector since new and has been dropped a number of times. All (3) times (no case), the glass was unaffected and protector intact. This was enough to convince me to only use tempered glass for all future devices.

3. Shredder96 macrumors regular

I just got the zagg glass screen protector for my 6 and it's incredible; .2 mm thick and it is much better feeling than the regular glass even. I've had glass protectors before and this one is 10x better

4. davistld01 macrumors 6502a

davistld01

My new ZAGG Glass protector is my first glass protector and so far I really like it. Time will tell whether or not it will peel at the corners/edges or do something weird or not. I've pretty much used the Spigen (used to be SGP) films exclusively in the past, and was very satisfied with them, but so far I prefer the glass over the more traditional.

5. RollTideFanGrl macrumors regular

RollTideFanGrl

Zagg for iPhone 6 is the first glass protection I've ever used..past iPhones and other phones all had the plastic. Typing on my phone is so much better and screen is much clearer than plastics. It almost mimics the screen without any protection. Mad at myself for never trying this product in the past.

6. wmflyfisher thread starter macrumors member

Thanks folks. What if I want to remove it? Are the glass protectors easy to remove without shattering?

7. Jmacman78 macrumors 6502

Jmacman78

I wanted to chime in, Zagg glass screen shields are great. I put one on my 5S and now my 6+ and it feels just like the real glass and very durable. I have been able to remove and re-apply glass screen shields to re-align them, it is however not easy and you have to be extremely careful.

Glass screen shields are far superior and I think worth the investment. As careful as I am, I dropped my iPhone 5 a while back and the phone landed face down on the edge of a filing cabinet at work, chattered the screen shield, the phone itself was unscathed. A traditional plastic screen shield most likely wouldn't have saved my screen that day.

8. mainomega macrumors 6502

Why even buy those lame "protectors". The only way you interact with these phones is through the screen. The fact that you have to put a cover on it is lame.

9. davistld01 macrumors 6502a

davistld01

Until an unbreakable and unscratchable screen material is used on smartphones...screen protectors will be a wise choice for the users.

Lame or not.

10. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

Love the glass vs. the regular screen protectors. I am good at installing any kind of protector or skin so the installation really isn't an issue for me.

I so prefer the glass protectors as they really do protect. I prefer the thinnest case and go with the Pinlo type case. So no protection for a fall for sure. However, I have dropped a couple of iPhones on tile floors and the glass screen protector caught at the corners every time and would splinter/shatter but saved the screen. So having the glass screen protector allows me to go slim with very light protection and still feel comfortable.

Additionally, the glass is so much easier to install than the flimsy plastic ones. Also, the feel is glass, right? I've had no issue removing the glass when trading in the phone - no damage or gunk left on the screen.

11. Btov macrumors newbie

Isn't the iphone 6 screen much harder than before? It's not sapphire, but more scratch resistent than normal glass.

12. neile45 macrumors regular

Well, I've got a question, I already picked up the Zagg HDX, as it says extreme screen protection, is it not better for screen protection that the glass, as the glass says noting about protection.

13. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I would think the Zagg HDX would be super for scratch protection. It claims 3x shatter protection as well.

I can't speak for the non-glass screen protectors in a drop situation as I've not dropped a phone with the plastic screen protectors. My husband uses them all the time and drops his phone every now and again but he also has a wicked protective case that covers all the edges and corners of the screen.