Who quoted me?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by yoyo5280, Dec 13, 2008.

1. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

I have been on a forum (thestudentroom.co.uk) that has a who quoted me function...

Could macrumors get this, it would be extra good for threads such "post your phone" so you can see if somebody is talking about your phone, rather than posting theirs :p

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You can simply search the forums for your user name. It will pull up any post that quotes you.

3. yoyo5280 thread starter macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

I understand that, but it is hardly the simplest way.

Thats kinda the PC way of doing things ;)

i want the automator way :)

4. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

It would please some of our forum members if our forum software had this feature. This feature is currently available only as a third-party modification to the forum software. We tend to avoid modifications because they can threaten forum stability and make it harder to update the site, but we weigh the disadvantages against the potential benefits in each case.

In the meantime, I suggest that you set the Default Thread Subscription Mode setting in your User Options to one of the "notification" choices so that you can track replies to threads in which you have posted. That's not as specific as finding quotes to your own posts, but it lets you find the active threads where such replies may be found.