Who received 2 Confirmation Emails?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lnferno, Jun 16, 2010.

1. lnferno macrumors 6502

I was able to successfully pre-order my phone yesterday morning about 10 a.m. EDT and within minutes, I received not one, but two confirmation emails, although they were identical -- same order confirmation #, same activation, etc. I only ordered one phone as an upgrade, so I'm not sure why I received two of the same confirmation email.

Has anyone else experienced this? :confused:

2. DataRiff macrumors member

DataRiff

Yes, I experienced the EXACT same thing. I pre-ordered and paid for my iPhone 4 in an AT&T store. I then received 2 confirmation e-mails that were identical. Same time stamp, same order number, same everything... They even gave me two receipts at the AT&T store! I'm assuming it's just a thing they do, or he clicked send receipt twice?

3. lnferno thread starter macrumors 6502

I actually ordered mine online through AT&T's site, so a little different than what you did, but still the same result of duplicate emails -- weird!?! :confused:

4. DataRiff macrumors member

DataRiff

Yea, it is weird, but I figured since they had the exact same time-stamp on the e-mail, that it was really just a strange duplicate and not two separate orders. I was all paranoid that they would charge my CC twice, but I'm getting less paranoid seeing as the order number is the same!

5. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

Given the major server issues going on yesterday, I'm sure the email system just accidentally sent it twice.

Don't worry about it.

6. lnferno thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm definitely not complaining - I'd rather have two confirmation rather than none.

7. DataRiff macrumors member

DataRiff

Same here! What time did you place your order?
    I got my confirmation e-mails around 2pm EST, so I'm crossing my fingers that I get it to my house by the 24th!

8. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

confirmations

i ordered from premier and also have 2 confirmations.

9. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I got zero order confirmations :(

Although I do have the receipt printed that comes up after placing an order and if I log back into ATT's site it shows I did order and I have an order number and everything.

I hope I'm OK :(

10. lnferno thread starter macrumors 6502

I received my confirmations at 10:23 a.m. EDT yesterday.

My main concern is that I'm one of those that have an "Attention!" status rather than the standard "Processing" status in the order. I hope that I get my phone by either the 24th or 25th or I'm screwed. I'm traveling for a wedding on the 24th and will be out of town for a couple of days, so I actually put the hotel that I'm staying at completely across the country as my delivery address!

11. DataRiff macrumors member

DataRiff

Yes, I hope I get mine then too, because I'm leaving the country very soon after the 24th, and would hate to have my lovely little new iPhone sitting in the package room a week... But at least I know it'd be safe, that's really risky getting it shipped to the hotel!