Who receives the app report?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Iphull, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Iphull macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

In the App Store, there is a button at the bottom of every app's description page that says "Report a problem".

Where does that report go? Are we reporting it to the developer of the app, or the app store employees?

2. psonice macrumors 6502a

I think that goes to apple. At least we've had plenty of support requests through the in-app "request support" button, but nothing through that. (Maybe our customers just use the in-app button and never get to the app store part though?)

Presumably apple will advise to contact the developer directly if it's a problem with the app though.

(And I just realised that "we've had plenty of support requests" sounds like our apps are full of bugs :eek: Not the case, I'd say 90% of emails are requests for new features :))

3. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

4. Iphull thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Thanks!