who refurbishes the white macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by raythepa, May 12, 2014.

1. raythepa macrumors member

Sorry, can't tell you the year or model number right now (its my daughters and I don't have it) but thinking I might want to refurb it to see if i can get a few more years out of it.

Yes please don't blast me :eek: I'm sure its not worth it but outside of doing it DIY are there any outside services that would do this? I have no idea and am just asking the question. Most of the posts on the forum look to be DIY.

thx in advance for your help

2. raythepa thread starter macrumors member

3. GenoFloresAZ macrumors newbie

DIY, Apple, and pretty much any computer shop.

4. mlsimmons macrumors newbie

That sounds like a pre-unibody macbook- the battery, memory and hard drive are user replaceable. Instructions are on the Apple website or ifixit. Max out the ram and install a SSD drive. -will run like a new machine - though I think that it may only run Lion as the top OSX system- check the specs on everymac.com

5. GenoFloresAZ macrumors newbie

The only MID 2009 white MacBook models were pre unibody, but does support Mavericks 10.9.2.

He/she is right, maxing out the RAM (6 GB for your model) and an SSD would do wonders for your system if more speed and responsiveness is what your looking for.

6. robertosh macrumors 6502

robertosh

I've refurbished a white macbook unibody (mid 2010) recently. I put a samsung 840 evo 256Gb ssd and 8gb of RAM. Mavericks runs amazingly!!

7. heartsglory macrumors member

I also refurbished a Mid 2010 Macbook. I put in 8GB Ram and put in a 240GB Crucial M500 SSD in it. With Mavericks, it screams.

8. raythepa thread starter macrumors member

thanks everybody, I've costed out the replacements and think it'll buy this unit a couple more years so I appreciate the input