Who returned their watch in store?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by noobinator, Jul 6, 2015.

1. noobinator macrumors 601

How was the experience? Was it a quick process? Did they get out their magnifying glass to look for any micro scratches on the SS or whatever material you bought? I'm still within my window and was curious how the returns went in store.

2. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

What prompted you to ask this? Were you told by staff that they'd inspect the watch more strictly than other Apple product returns? I was. And I think it's bs. Don't think it's true at all.

3. Synfulz macrumors member

Synfulz

I returned my sport to upgrade to the SS model. They checked for the cord, block, serial number matching the box and that was it. They didn't look for micro scratches. I think as long as it isn't obviously scratched across the screen or damaged in some way (dents etc) you'll be fine.

4. JD92 macrumors 6502a

JD92

I returned mine in store. They barely looked at it! I don't think they even checked to make sure the serial matched the one on the box.

5. pocky macrumors regular

I returned my space gray sport for a SS.

Checked the box, matched the serial and looked over it quickly. I was actually past my return window. But they took it anyway.

6. Ke1ington macrumors 6502a

Ke1ington

They checked that the serial number matched and put it back in the box. Didn't even lift the documentation/extra strap to check for the charger.

7. Karnicopia macrumors 6502

They unpacked it made sure I had accessories did a cursory glance at the watch nothing major. Like others they didn't match the serial on watch to box and used the SN from the box for the return. She got clearance from a manager and mentioned saying she needed to because it was past return window but it wasn't. When she came back she said they needed manager clearance for any returns and it was within the window. Few days later they credited the account. Really all happened very quickly and painlessly.

8. Brett1203 macrumors 6502a

Brett1203

I returned my Sport 2 weeks ago after receiving it April 24th and was given a full refund and bought the SS. They looked at mine but nothing in depth

9. rosario1990 macrumors regular

10. terminator-jq macrumors regular

Funny enough, I actually just got back from returning my Apple Watch (42mm sport model). It was totally painless and I was out of there within minutes. All they had to do was scan my receipt and make sure everything was in the box. I had the Apple watch for about 4 days which turned out to be just enough time for the "coolness factor" to wear off. I loved the features and I certainly loved the design, I can't say I didn't enjoy owning it. However, the main reason for having an Apple Watch is to lessen the amount of times you have to pull your phone out of your pocket and for me, that just wasn't worth $400. Even the Apple fanboy in me realized that at the moment, the Apple Watch is not a good value.

Looking at the many reviews online, it seems like I'm not the 1st nor will I be the last to have this opinion about the watch so hopefully, Apple takes notice and either lowers the price or adds some cutting edge features to make the Apple Watch a better value. At this point though, I'm just going to wait for the inevitable Apple Watch 2.

11. psylence2k macrumors 6502

When you order online, what day does your 14 day return period start from ? The day you receive the package ? Does Apple just get that date from whatever shipping company you use or ?

12. arholmes22 macrumors newbie

I just ordered my watch. I am pretty sure it is the day you receive your package.

13. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

They hardly looked at mine when they replaced mine. It was quick and easy. I didn't even have an appointment.

14. noobinator thread starter macrumors 601

Thanks everyone. I asked because when I bought it I casually asked about the return policy. The genius told me 14 days and "it better look exactly like it does now".

I assume I can just show them my emailed receipt from my iPhone when I go in? It actually says "Return Date - July 9th" on my receipt so I assume this is the last day I can bring it in?

15. rosario1990 macrumors regular

Thanks for the decent reply. Actually I didn't know about the time limit to return.

16. noobinator thread starter macrumors 601

Returned it today with zero problems. Didn't match serial number or look under the flap. Took a quick glance at the watch only. In and out in 3 minutes.