Who should anounce new products?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by tpavur, Oct 10, 2011.

?

Keynote Main Speaker

1. Tim Cook

10 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. Scott Forstall

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  3. Phil Schiller

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  4. Woz

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. tpavur macrumors regular

who should be the main speaker at the key notes from now on? Post your reasoning if you want.

I believe Forstall just because he has the most upbeat personality and gives the vibe that he really believes in the products. Very convincing and in my opinion the closest thing to Steve we have in our arsenal.

2. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Tim Cook. He's the boss now. New product has to be seen as getting the official blessing from da man. He can hand segments off to the other guys like they did in this keynote. I like all these Apple guys. They're kinda geeky and kinda awkward but they just get up there and do the thing as professionally as possible at that moment and it works out okay.

You could tell they were unnerved in thie keynote, everyone just slightly off their normal beat, something in the eyes. I'm sure they feel vulnerable to the volatility in the markets right now. ALL EYES ARE UPON YOU DON'T MESS UP...

The financial media are so quick to jump on any little thing any corporate officer says nowadays. Add to that the general celebrity aura of Apple as a stock and it's just got to be anxiety provoking to be kicking off a product launch in these times. Maybe especially if you're aware that your former CEO is or might be on his deathbed while you run the gig.

It will get better for them (and us) as time goes on.

3. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

Tim should do it. He was put in charge for a reason.

4. theDUB macrumors 6502a

theDUB

They should pay a celebrity to do it. A hot actress, preferably.

5. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

I think Tim should, because I think in an event other than the iPhone 4S launch (obviously the circumstances with Steve complicated things) he could be pretty charismatic and enjoyable to watch with a product launch.

Kind of interesting though that Phil Schiller has now introduced 2 iPhones- wonder if he will continue to do that.

Scott has a lot of energy and enthusiasm, but I think he might just get too excited if he launched a product.

[​IMG]

6. kolax macrumors G3

Steve Jobs literally made it the CEO's job to deliver a keynote. He's made CEOs come out and take charge of presenting, rather than handing it off to the marketing team.

I think Tim Cook has the slow, balanced voice that intrigues folk.

Hopefully Tim will be the sole speaker in future keynotes, rather like Steve was for most keynotes. I find it keeps the rhythm of the presentation going, rather than hearing many varieties of voices, and Phil's nervy one. Of course, when it comes to demonstrations on stage (i.e. the Final Cut Pro X one with Randy) then that's different. But I dislike them passing the baton throughout the presentation.

7. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

I know what you mean, it kinda messes up the flow of the presentation when there is more than one presenter. I like how Jobs used to do it, like a one man show, and I hope Cook can follow him in that respect. Other than that, I'm happy with the way he presents things.