who still has a 2 g iPhone for back up

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by richxps, Nov 7, 2008.

1. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

just wondering whom has the 2g still and why ? I have mine as back up just in case I loose my 3f

2. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

I had my 3G and bought a first gen to compare the two side by side. I found that I never used my 3G because my first gen was sooo much better (with 1.1.4 installed). It was just my personal preference. So I sold the 3G. But having a backup is a great idea if you upgraded to a 3G and still have your first iPhone.

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Two of my brothers have v1 iPhone b/c they like T-Mobile service and JB...

4. one1 macrumors 65816

5. MST macrumors 6502

MST

6. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Why would you keep a device that can fetch $350 on eBay for "backup?" I so don't get that.

I'm still on a 2G phone as my primary. No need to upgrade until they fix all the bugs people complain about (especially battery life) and get the flash storage up. I do miss not having a fast connection at times when on EDGE (vs. WiFi), but I sit patiently and remember the $15/month I'm saving with this old plan.

7. calculus Guest

calculus

8. Hey Jude macrumors 6502a

Hey Jude

I agree and there are lots of places that we can now access free WiFi and most importantly, no cracks:)

9. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Tell me about it! I still can't believe they went from aluminum to some crappy plastic wannabe material. I get excellent signals on my aluminum iPhone, so I really don't understand the whole signal strength argument. My GPS device in my car is also made of some sort of metal, and it works very well.

Maybe Apple will realize that blunder and go back to aluminum next year. Then again, they are still jonesing for the "no matte for you!" on every display they make now, so they don't learn all their lessons.

10. millerj123 macrumors 6502a

Not even backup. My 1st gen 8Gig iPhone is my only phone. It replaced a still functional 8 Meg Palm IIIxe. It was just time to upgrade.

With Stanza, I'm only waiting for cut 'n paste, and the iPhone will be as functional as the Palm was, but with a phone, iPod, Video player, web browser...Oh, yeah, that's why I prefer the iPhone...

11. Taylor C macrumors 6502a

I kept both my 8GB and 16GB first generation iPhones after upgrading to a 16GB iPhone 3G. Both as backup and just because they were the first models of a product that's going to have a long history

12. archipellago macrumors 65816

downgraded to 3G...:D rubbish build quality, bugs, cracks etc..

went back to the 1st Gen phone. Such a better product.

13. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

I never upgraded my 2G to a 3G. I don't need GPS and the build quality on the 3G iPhone is poor compared to the original.

14. Bargsbeer macrumors member

Bargsbeer

I have a 1st Generation as a back up phone. Currently use a 3G