Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

buffalo

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2005
Tacoma, WA
I've got my lime green iBook in a box downstairs in the basement. The battery has holds no charge and the plastic on the left side of the iBook where the ports are is bent out (all ports still work though).

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
Even though they kinda look like butt ugly toilet seats, I'd still buy one if the price was right. Just because I think it's an interesting design and was appropriate for the time it was available. I mean I wouldn't walk into a board room using one now a days. But it's still a interesting piece of design history.

What ... are you broken? Butt ugly toilet seats? That's quite an insult to my Hello Kitty purse (what my friends called my iBook back in the day). :p

Their keyboards are top notch.

Like typing on water.

Ish

macrumors 68020
Nov 30, 2004
UK
PowerBooks came out a good 8 years before iBooks did. :confused:

My mistake. I didn't know much about Macs at the time. All I 'knew' was that their laptops were big, fruity-coloured things. A friend of mine who had used Macs for years recommended I try his PB when I was fed up with Windows a couple of years ago and I was hooked instantly.

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
My mistake. I didn't know much about Macs at the time. All I 'knew' was that their laptops were big, fruity-coloured things. A friend of mine who had used Macs for years recommended I try his PB when I was fed up with Windows a couple of years ago and I was hooked instantly.

The clamshell iBooks were the 'consumer' notebook. At the same time they also had the serious 'business-black' PowerBook G3. Same with the desktops. They had the iMac for consumers, then they had the Power Mac for 'serious' users.

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
I think he means the Ti/Albooks.

From one of this other posts, he goes on to say that when he saw the clamshell, he didn't know anything about Macs, and thought the iBook was their only notebook. So later, when he saw the PowerBooks (probably a Ti, but possibly a Pismo G3,) he assumed that the PowerBook line was brand new. (At least, that's how I read it.)

elppa

macrumors 68040
Nov 26, 2003
Don't want to offend anyone who likes theirs but they put me off getting a Mac for ages. It wasn't until the PBs :cool: came out that I liked the look of the laptops. :)

The PBs were out a long time before iBook.

nsbio

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2006
NC
By the way, how does the wireless reception compare between the clamshell iBooks and the latest aluminum PBs/MBPs? I love my PB in general, but the wireless reception range is the single thing I hate about it...

apachie2k

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2006
was NYC...now MIAMI
my old blue clamshell can no longer hold any battery power, and the cd tray refuces to eject, only when i push the little button with a needle or push-pin...that said i love it as it is now collecting dust underneath my desk :(

madog

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2004
Korova Milkbar
This is my clamshell. There are many like it but this one is mine. My clamshell is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my clamshell is useless. Without my clamshell I am useless. [...] Before God I swear this creed: my clamshell and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of my enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but peace. Amen

buffalo

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2005
Tacoma, WA
What's the point of this thread without pictures!

here's mine:

332393134_f201bb3518.jpg

Lets try to get all of the colors.

Roba

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2006
buffalo nice clamshell :)
Just by looking at your picture though i can see that your clamshell casing is not shut correctly. I don't know if you are intending on shutting it correctly or if you are having problems in doing so?
I had this happen to me but i managed to shut it by inserting the side first that was not closed correctly and then I made sure that it was pushed in and then I pushed the other side in place.
This managed to shut my casing.

What's the point of this thread without pictures!

here's mine:

332393134_f201bb3518.jpg

Lets try to get all of the colors.

buffalo

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2005
Tacoma, WA
I had tried correcting the casing on the left side, obviously without luck. Before, I had simply pushed on the green part that was out of place. I will give it a try using your method though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.