Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Skoopman

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2011
Except when you use a mouse. It feels weird to scroll the other way with a scroll wheel. I tried the natural scrolling on a MBA and it felt great and natural though.

MrCheeto

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2008
^
The only reason I ever use a mouse is playing Rage.

Trackpads and other touch-surfaces will eventually phase out the mouse. They'll still exist for certain lame-o's that use archaic operating systems (you know which one I'm talking about) and for special purposes, such as gaming. Much like joysticks and trackballs, and trackball users are pretentious.

ljonesj

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2009
Kingsport TN
I only use a track on my macbook pro when i am away from a mouse other than that i use a mouse as track and the gestures kill my wrist as i have carpal tunnel for me a mouse is a no brainer and also to me some of these gestures are stupid trying to get them to work with the way i have to try to get them to work.

Plus the natural scrolling for me is whats been used for decades not the new way to scroll

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
Except when you use a mouse. It feels weird to scroll the other way with a scroll wheel. I tried the natural scrolling on a MBA and it felt great and natural though.

Tell me about it. On a work computer right now and if Im not thinking I will scroll the wrong way :confused:

bier-meister

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2008
Hamburg, Germany
I hated it at first, but I like it now. I now appreciate why they call it natural scrolling, really does feel like you are moving the screen with your fingers.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I'm one of those weird people who think the natural scrolling is, well, unnatural. I have it disabled. I guess I'm too much of an old stick in the mud and go with the traditional scrolling :)

jackc

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2003
Maybe one day I will try to get used to the newfangled way, until then it's old-school

NorthDakota91

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2011
Italy

Try scroll reverser. It can reverse only the mouse wheel so you can still naturally scrolling. I use it all the time

SDColorado

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
After a short learning curve, where I didn't particularly care for natural scrolling, I have come to prefer it. I use it on the laptops and with a mouse on my MacPro.

rocknblogger

macrumors 68020
Apr 2, 2011
New Jersey
At first I didn't like whatsoever but decided to give it an honest effort. I have myself a week. Once the week was over I couldn't go back.

Once you go natural...:D

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
I am. Took maybe 2 days to re-train the muscle memory. Thankfully, I use a Mac at work too.

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
I kept it from the beginning and love it. It really does feel more natural. I will say that I turned it off on our iMac at home with a mouse, because it doesn't make sense with a scroll wheel. On the trackpad, though, it's amazing.

jW

Skoopman

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2011
Tell me about it. On a work computer right now and if Im not thinking I will scroll the wrong way :confused:

Well, I have been "scrolling down to scroll down" on a Website for over 14 years, it's hard to get used to the idea, that you have to do the opposite now I guess, maybe I'll try it sometime.

InuNacho

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2008
In that one place
^
The only reason I ever use a mouse is playing Rage.

Trackpads and other touch-surfaces will eventually phase out the mouse. They'll still exist for certain lame-o's that use archaic operating systems (you know which one I'm talking about) and for special purposes, such as gaming. Much like joysticks and trackballs, and trackball users are pretentious.

I'm fine with being a lame-o trackball user.
307ce4d6ca7886501dfa37e384321d8f-orig

jackrv

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2011
I've gotten so used to Natural scrolling, that I do it even with a mouse. When I am at work on a PC, I always start scrolling the "wrong" way and have to correct myself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.