Who Still uses Natural Scrolling on Lion?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by windowstomac, Feb 21, 2012.

1. windowstomac macrumors regular

2. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

I don't understand why anybody wouldn't. It just comes...naturally ;)

3. Skoopman macrumors 6502

Except when you use a mouse. It feels weird to scroll the other way with a scroll wheel. I tried the natural scrolling on a MBA and it felt great and natural though.

4. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

^
    The only reason I ever use a mouse is playing Rage.

Trackpads and other touch-surfaces will eventually phase out the mouse. They'll still exist for certain lame-o's that use archaic operating systems (you know which one I'm talking about) and for special purposes, such as gaming. Much like joysticks and trackballs, and trackball users are pretentious.

5. ljonesj macrumors 6502a

ljonesj

I only use a track on my macbook pro when i am away from a mouse other than that i use a mouse as track and the gestures kill my wrist as i have carpal tunnel for me a mouse is a no brainer and also to me some of these gestures are stupid trying to get them to work with the way i have to try to get them to work.

Plus the natural scrolling for me is whats been used for decades not the new way to scroll

6. Nilscollection macrumors regular

Nilscollection

At first, I thought it was stupid and it indeed required some getting used to, but now I think it's amazing.

:D

7. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Tell me about it. On a work computer right now and if Im not thinking I will scroll the wrong way :confused:

8. bier-meister macrumors regular

I hated it at first, but I like it now. I now appreciate why they call it natural scrolling, really does feel like you are moving the screen with your fingers.

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm one of those weird people who think the natural scrolling is, well, unnatural. I have it disabled. I guess I'm too much of an old stick in the mud and go with the traditional scrolling :)

10. jackc macrumors 65816

jackc

Maybe one day I will try to get used to the newfangled way, until then it's old-school

11. Bear macrumors G3

Since I mainly use a mouse, I flipped scrolling back to the old way, It's more natural for a mouse I think.

12. NorthDakota91 macrumors member

Try scroll reverser. It can reverse only the mouse wheel so you can still naturally scrolling. I use it all the time

13. SDColorado macrumors 65816

SDColorado

After a short learning curve, where I didn't particularly care for natural scrolling, I have come to prefer it. I use it on the laptops and with a mouse on my MacPro.

14. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

At first I didn't like whatsoever but decided to give it an honest effort. I have myself a week. Once the week was over I couldn't go back.

Once you go natural...:D

15. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I am. Took maybe 2 days to re-train the muscle memory. Thankfully, I use a Mac at work too.

16. throAU macrumors 601

throAU

Same.

I use trackpad almost exclusively on my macs, so when i go to work and use a mouse wheel i don't have to unlearn (again)...

17. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

I kept it from the beginning and love it. It really does feel more natural. I will say that I turned it off on our iMac at home with a mouse, because it doesn't make sense with a scroll wheel. On the trackpad, though, it's amazing.

jW

18. Skoopman macrumors 6502

Well, I have been "scrolling down to scroll down" on a Website for over 14 years, it's hard to get used to the idea, that you have to do the opposite now I guess, maybe I'll try it sometime.

19. Signal-11 macrumors 65816

Signal-11

Considering how short the learning curve was, I'd say it actually is more natural. The only interference is with other OSes and mouse scrolling.

20. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

I'd use it but my wife doesn't like it. We share (she uses) my iMac. :rolleyes:

21. FluffyPop macrumors member

I use it with my magic mouse. Wouldn't use it with a scroll wheel though. ;-)

22. InuNacho macrumors 65816

InuNacho

I'm fine with being a lame-o trackball user.
    [​IMG]

23. scottsjack macrumors 68000

Not me. I use three computers daily, both Windows and Mac drives on two of them. The old way is as "natural" as the new way.

24. jackrv macrumors 6502

I've gotten so used to Natural scrolling, that I do it even with a mouse. When I am at work on a PC, I always start scrolling the "wrong" way and have to correct myself.