iPad Who still uses older, pre-Tim Cook iPads

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Shift Option K, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Shift Option K macrumors regular

Shift Option K

Who here still uses steve jobs ipads like the ipad 1 and 2? i dont have an ipad but my grandpa stil uses his ipad 2 although it runs tim's iOS 7 and my friend has the iPad 1, running the Tim-Steve iOS 5!

2. Ann P macrumors 68020

3. Woosie macrumors newbie

4. samiznaetekto macrumors 65816

I'm more interested in post-Tim Cook iPads. You know, the ones created by a generous leader who cares about the customers' superior experience, who really likes to surprise and delight users, not this stingy man who holds your $1.38 in his hand (the profit from not including 2GB of RAM in your iPad) and laughs evilly while you're waiting for Safari to reload your tabs.

5. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Stop. Apple has 80,000 employees. It isn't just "Steve's" product or "Tim's" product.

If anything, the software was influenced heavily by Scott Forstall pre-iOS7. So if you want to really assign specific people to a product, you'll be talking about "Scott's" iOS 6, or iOS5.

Then they sent Scott packing, and rightly so, for his Maps flub among other things. Then it became not "Tim's" iOS7, but Craig Federighi's iOS7, with a little help from Henri Lamiraux up until 7.0.3. Let's also not forget that Jony Ive (who was here before Steve died AND after) heavily influenced the design of iOS 7 as well, and has always had a BIG part in the physical design of Apple's products since the Lindy MessagePad (a proposed successor to the Newton).

Bottom line: it's a huge disservice to a LOT of people who work at Apple, pre-Jobs and post-Jobs, and a complete fallacy, to be referring to specific products as "Steve's" or "Tim's." Steve died, and yeah, that was a sad thing. Get over it. Apple is still here, and still making products that blow away the imitators.

And if you're going to make comparisons, and imply that Apple pre-Jobs was and always will be better than post-Jobs, then you might as well switch platforms, because Jobs ain't comin' back.

6. ugcop macrumors 6502a

ugcop

Are you sure? What is your source?

7. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

:D. That's funny. Maybe as a ghost of some kind?

8. Skika macrumors 68030

toplel

9. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Tim Cook was running Apple even when the iPad1 was new. There are no pre-Tim Cook iPads.

10. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

"Tim Cook iPads"?

:rolleyes:

How ridiculous. You don't think SJ had any influence on products that came out after he died? And you think that the Air is so radically different to the iPad 3 that it's suddenly TC's iPad?

Never heard such tripe.

11. itjw macrumors 65816

The better question is: who uses old, out of spec (for most current applications), hardware, just because they have some fantasy relationship with a genius inventor who cared far more about profitability (which I do appreciate) then he ever did about making THEM happy/satisfied (see: "You're holding it wrong")?

You "Steve Stuff" people are funny though :)

12. rajpatel macrumors regular

Jobs never died. It was a ploy to drive down the share price, so that the executives could dump their shares at the higher price and repurchase them at the lower price. Their plan was shortsighted in the sense that it didn't allow for jobs reemergence at some future point, a la bobby in Dallas.

You folks don't understand the first thing about vision. Cook is just a glorified supply manager. Jobs is the one who made this stuff happen, from the apple 2 to the Mac, ipod and iPhone. At every stage of the r and d process, the teams would be going about things in the conventional way and jobs pushed them to simplify at every stage. It was his pushing and prodding for simplicity at every step that made these products great. Without jobs, apple would have turned out garbage like the zune. Something approved by committee and engineers and with zero romance and grace to it.

13. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

14. samiznaetekto macrumors 65816

Dude, what are you smoking?! :D

15. rajpatel macrumors regular

Marijuana. I should note, however, I was already pretty dumb when I started. So don't blame the wacky.