Who switched to MSVP?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Stevies3, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Stevies3, Sep 14, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2014

Stevies3 macrumors member

As the title says, how many of you changed plans to the new "Mobile Shared Value Plan"?

2. rui no onna macrumors 603

rui no onna

I did back in March. It's already saved me $500 to date. I love not feeling forced to upgrade phones every 2 years just so I'm not wasting my subsidy. I also love that I can choose to upgrade early or late without needing to worry about upgrade eligibility dates (either not eligible yet or will delay eligibility date next, next year).

3. joekun macrumors regular

Unfortunately all of these new "value" plans cost more than my current plan with unlimited data on 2 phones. I would love to save money, but it seems like I got in at a really good time and am unlikely to see a better deal any time soon.

4. ame8199 macrumors 6502

I did, saved about 20 bucks, but gave up unlimited data...it was very hard but I couldn't have afforded the phone payments if I didn't.

What is saved, is pretty much my phone payment on the next plan, plus 7 bucks. So we'll see what my total bill is with taxes and all

5. indychris macrumors 6502

indychris

We did a while back as well. Having upgraded phones last fall, once we changed we were saving about $90/month. We'll have two 'next' phones for the next few months, but then we'll own those and theoretically be back to saving some $$$.

6. jcmeyer5 macrumors 6502

We did back in.... March? Saved us $30 a month at the time (went from unlimited to 6GB plan). switched to the 10GB plan when they lowered the price. Took over my parents AT&T account, merged it, and saved them about $100 per month (they don't use data much, so they only pay the $30 access charges). Soon to take over my sister's account and save them at least $70 per month... maybe more (depending if we up the data plan). So MSVP saved (or will save) my (extended) family $200 a month. Checking to see if I can get my grandpa merged as well.

7. est1738 macrumors regular

Yep, I changed back in March as well. It has saved my family a pretty good sum of money. Luckily I get a 50% discount so my 20gb plan only cost me 75 bucks plus all my lines. Not to shabby.

8. rui no onna macrumors 603

rui no onna

Nice! Best discount I've seen for AT&T. Mine's just 20%.

9. famoussasjohn macrumors 6502a

famoussasjohn

Same here. For the amount of data I use, unlimited is the best option for me in terms of cost and avoiding overages. I pay $75 due to my discount, I would be looking at over $100 for the data amount I need.

----------

Jeez, who do you work for?!