Who thinks 4 and 8 Gb's is plenty for the iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LoganT, Jun 26, 2007.

1. LoganT macrumors 68020

I do. Right now I only have 111 songs (I'm picky, but I'm trying to find more) and when I do have a videos I watch them then delete them. I'm hoping the next version of the iPhone isn't just a capacity increase.

2. earnjam macrumors 6502a

earnjam

i have an 80 gig ipod....about 40 gigs of music and assorted tv shows and movies ripped from DVDs. Also a number of pictures on it as well.

But I think an 8gig iphone is enough for now. I'd only use it for a few favorites since I've already got the high capacity ipod.

3. Fredo521 macrumors member

I also think it's enough. My 2GB nano holds enough songs (though I expect it to go up to 3-4GB with my "to-download list" I have), and when I watch a movie, I always delete it afterwards since I only watch it once. 8GB satisfies my needs.

4. dagomike macrumors 65816

I wouldn't pay for more than 8GB, but I would take it. Note that the OS takes up a chunk. Plus, start loading on video and keeping your photos, things start to add up. I think 4, or really ~3.27GB, is limiting. 8GB though works.

5. NightStorm macrumors 68000

I'd like more, but I think 8GB will be fine for me. Right now I have a playlist of my favorite songs which takes up 1.25GB or so. Add in podcasts and some videos, and I think I'll still have enough room.

6. eskimayo macrumors newbie

if they upgraded to 8 and 16 gigs i wolud be in heaven, caring around photos, music and all that will fit in 8 gigs, but i do video work and it wolud be great to be able to hall around my newest project and just either watch it on there or be able to use it as a usb drive, or over wifi and put in on to a computer and watch it on a big screne.

7. LenP macrumors newbie

4GB is enough

I plan use my iPhone as a smartphone. I won't use the internet or ipod features much. I'm just tired of carrying around my cell phone, and my pda and my ipod.

I think I'll still carry the iPhone and my ipod nano for a while.

8. Uptown710 macrumors member

Im one of the few who dont mind synching up to my computer every other day or so,8 is plenty.

9. pr5owner macrumors 65816

8GB is "ok" for a phone but as an mp3 and video player combined (some people will use the iphone more as an ipod video replacement), its not that great. however i think 8G is plenty since its a phone primarily, not a video player, its not even widescreen or 4:3. if it was a video player it should be 4:3 or 16:9

10. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

I have like 600 songs on my Zune. I kind of like the marketplace to.

/FLAME ME

Although now im getting the iPhone.

Anyone interested in buying a zune? :rolleyes:

-nickspohn