Who thinks iOS is fine how it is??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SRLMJ23, Apr 15, 2011.

1. SRLMJ23 macrumors 65816

SRLMJ23

What I mean is the general concept, obviously there are things Apple can work on like better notifications and new features but overall I think Apple should stick with what they have and just build upon it. I like the icons how they are, and I like the dock, also I like the folders.

What would you guys like to see ADDED to iOS 5??

I'll start off...the first thing I'd like to see in iOS 5 is a small tweak but still something I feel is needed and wanted: Dynamic Icons (Weather App updates according to the weather etc...)

2. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

• themes
    • widgets
    • place icons where ever you want
    • better notifications

i don't see much else happening. they can cram 'cloud' and NFC for all i care.

think about how little really changed between ios3 and ios4. certainly not the look.

3. Vizin, Apr 15, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  4. caspersoong macrumors 6502a

I think it still has a lot to improve. However, the only updates I can see are updates which improve integration with Apple TV and devices they sell or support. So, for people like me who don't want to spend unnecessary money, these changes are practically useless.

5. steadysignal macrumors 6502a

steadysignal

why are widgets always wanted so much? they are no big shakes for me (at least).

but i agree, there is always room to make the system better.

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

How can it be fine as is as long as it makes jailbreaking viable? I will admit it’s come a long way from what we had over a year ago with 2.2.1.

7. Vizin, Apr 15, 2011
  8. Vizin, Apr 15, 2011
  9. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

There is always room for improvement. Apple needs to realize that some of the jailbroken tweaks are amazing and need to be implemented some how. A few being bitesms, lock info, notified pro.

10. Thedeathbear macrumors 6502a

iOS + Jailbreak= good. Not great. It may be "fine" but lots of room for improvements.

11. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Agreed.

iOS isn't "fine" the way it is. If it were fine then why would people jailbreak as a necessity?
    I hate the ways the icons are, because i like to keep my desktop (springboard) clean. I hate the grid-like layout of the apps, iOS has become way too stale and hasn't really changed since it was first made in 07.
    At that time Steve Jobs said that it was 5 years ahead of it's time, well rumors are pointing to a total revamp, and its highly plausible for iOS 5. Steve Jobs might yet again announce an OS 5 years ahead of it's time? Here's hoping.

12. lilcosco08 macrumors 65816

lilcosco08

13. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

Oh God... The horrible grid. I honestly don't even remember what it's like as I have been using grid lock for so long now. And the folders also need improvement. 12 apps in a folder? Makes me have like 4 different game folders. If Apple and the jailbreaking community put their heads together, they could make one hell of a device that would leave them with absolutely no competition.

14. Apple 26.2 Contributor

Apple 26.2

Is it perfect? No.

Does it need work? Yes.

Does it work? Yes.

15. saberahul macrumors 68040

16. W1MRK macrumors 6502

I have no issues with it. It works well for what I need. Since I am new to the iphone however the question of battery life comes up when I am hearing other threads. I wish there was a more definitve answer on that.

Overall I find it easy to use and a user friendly os

17. Andy Ftw macrumors regular

Personally I believe it's very simple, clean and fairly good overall. Like mentioned above, there's still plently of features which I'd love to see to improve iOS further nonetheless. (although I honestly find notification system fine, though I seem to be almost alone here so either way :p)

18. labman macrumors 604

labman

I jailbreak and always will. So I think you have my answer!

19. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

Two things:

• Need better, Android-like notifications (with status bar icons)
    • Revamp the springboard. I hate how the apps are completely unorganized... if you want to use one, you have to remember what screen it's on (and/or folder its in), or search for it. In Android, you just click the "Apps" button, and it shows you an alphabetized list of every single app. MUCH easier to quickly find an app that you don't use very often.
      • And another advantage to this is that you can simply put any icons you want on your home screens, instead of EVERY SINGLE APP you own. I prefer a clean look, with only the apps I use frequently. Everything else can hide away in an organized manner for whenever I'm ready to use it.

20. zweigand macrumors 6502a

zweigand

Love how people are bashing iOS, yet are still using it. Yes, Apple will no doubt need to keep updating it and bringing new functionality to us. That's what they do, and that's what keeps them relevant. Better notifications are coming. An iPhone with fewer dependencies on a Mac or PC is coming. Themes ...eh, probably not coming. ;) The point is that iOS is the best thing out there. Don't agree? Well, you need to put your money where your mouth is and move to a different platform. Claiming that iOS is lacking while knowing it suits your needs better than anything else currently on the market isn't very becoming.

21. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

I think it's fine the way it is right now, but a lot more can be added. We'll see what iOS 5 brings.

22. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Love how you don't understand the basis of discussion. And how change is the only constant. Obviously we're using it, thats why we can tell what it needs to improve on!
    We all know iOS is the best thing out there, but the 'best thing' is lacking important features from the competition. Why should we move to another platform when we are demanding for legitimate upgrades?
    Actually, Android OS suits me better with it's multitasking and notification system, and as consumers of the product we have the right to give feedback on how it can be better. Sadly for many who are stuck in the Apple ecosystem, iOS is the only option and so it's the closest to suiting their needs.

23. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

I mean I think the set up that Apple has used for iOS. Could I see areas for Apple to improve on? Yes, but I don't want them to redo iOS. I wouldn't mind widgets on the lock screen, so I could control apps without fully unlocking the device.

24. Vizin, Apr 16, 2011
  25. Bigtree macrumors 6502

I THINK IT'S GREAT! It's the greatest piece of technology in my life time. Compared to my Mac Classic it's MILES ahead. I guess I have more things to do than whine and take for granted something this good.