Who thinks ringer volume should be different than music and videos?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by powerbook911, Jul 8, 2007.

1. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

I see a potential problem:

Listening to music with headphones, so volume is around 30-40 percent, you unplug the headphones, put the phone in pocket or on table.

= You don't hear it cause volume is still at 30-40 percent.

2. yoshio macrumors newbie

Glad you posted this issue. Huge annoyance for me because I always forget to readjust the volume level and end up missing calls/emails/texts the rest of the day.

3. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

yea, even my LG chocolate has 2 different volume adjust. one for music and one for the ringers

4. SheepNutz macrumors 6502a

Yup, I hate this too. Almost didn't wake up this morning since the alarm volume was almost nil. Luckily I set 4 alarm clocks for the morning!

5. NHS macrumors newbie

I think this is actually the most frustrating problem for me on the phone as it inhibits a really basic function of being a phone. I am praying for a software update to fix this.

6. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

turn volume limit on iphone down (from iPod settings)

Jack up master volume.

7. mrtune macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure I'm understanding the problem you guys are having. On my phone, the ringer, headset, and speaker volume levels are all independent.

If I am using the headset and have the volume adjusted to half via volume buttons on the side and I pull the headset out, when I hit the volume buttons again, it'll say ringer in the popup box and will my maxed out just like how I had set it.

8. unity macrumors 6502a

SAme as above. My iPhone has them all separate and I know it works. I had my iPod at near mute - yet it rang at full.

However, even at full the ring tones are quieter than I like. Certain ones you cant even hear if there is ANY background noise.

9. iPhonatic macrumors member

I agree. the ringer volume needs to be juiced up. I miss calls all the time because i cant hear it. I also use this thing as an alarm, and its not that loud for that either. come on steve...jack it up.

10. unity macrumors 6502a

I do find it odd that the iPhone is on the quiet side. If I recall, the iPod was considered too loud - and that was because Steve has a slight hearing problem.

11. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

There is a ringer volume?? I miss pretty much every call unless the phone is in my hand, near my ear.

12. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

Funny my son uses it as a alarm clock and i hear it from across the house.....

13. iPhonatic macrumors member

Maybe all these years of blasting my car stereo has had an effect. :(