Who thinks there will be Hybrid SLI in the next Macbook Pros ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Maccho, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Maccho macrumors member

Hi All,

Yes, I'm a bit of a freshman here at Mac Forums, so please give me a hand if I do anything wrong.

I do quite a bit 3D designing and animations and was wondering if the New Macbook Pros would get an upgrade for Nvidia's SLI technology seeming the unibody MBP have two GPU's.

I am strongly considering to by a new MBP, but don't know if I should wait for a hardware upgrade.

2. Fidgetyrat macrumors regular

Honestly, unless they do another case revision (Highly doubt it since they JUST did one) they can't possibly do hybrid.. Just using the 9600 chip alone brings temperatures dangerously over 90C.. having 2 running graphics cards would be insane.

3. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Don't know, would have to compare apple's block diagram of their MacBook Pro and the Hybrid SLI machines to see if Apple is using the same methods.

The addition of the mux in a three way connection between the screen, the chipset, and the GPU that Apple displayed sort of threw me.

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Why not just wait to see what Snow Leopard does to the current offering? ;)

5. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

running them in a hybrid manner would be no problem, not even heat would be an issue, apple just needs to write the software first.