Who uses 10.4 or below?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by macJC50640, Jan 23, 2009.

1. macJC50640 macrumors regular

Does anyone use anything less than 10.5 Leopard? (10.4 and below) Just curious. I still use 10.2 Jaguar! (the only reason is because it came with the snow iBook G3 I just bought). If you do post some screenshots maybe. :):apple:

2. gmanterry macrumors regular

gmanterry

Some of us have Macs that won't run Leopard.

My TiBook G4 800 Mhz won't run Leopard. Tiger is fine.

Terry

3. ChrisN macrumors 65816

ChrisN

iMac runs Tiger, don't feel like installing it because I will upgrade it soon.

ChrisN

4. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

I'm running 6.0.5 on a IIcx. Does that count?

5. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

My MB came with Tiger and I haven't seen enough of a reason to upgrade it. My iMac has Leopard, though.

6. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

On my PowerBook (which was sold a month ago), I ran tiger for a few months (extremely stable), but I missed Leopard's features way too much and upgraded it. I've been using Leopard since the day it was released, I have a hard time using the older OS's because of things like Quick Look, etc.

7. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

My iBook G4 came with Leopard when I bought it, but I downgraded to Tiger. IMHO, it's much more stable, faster and easier to use then Leopard. I'll probably use Tiger until I'm absolutely forced to upgrade to something newer.

8. me_94501 macrumors 65816

me_94501

I have a iBook G4 still on Tiger; the rest are on Leoprd.

9. chilipie macrumors 6502a

chilipie

I can see how it might be faster, but I've found Leopard equally stable… and how is Tiger any easier to use?

10. donga macrumors 6502a

donga

i've still got 10.3.9 on my powerbook

i bought it right before tiger came out and never bothered to upgrade. works fine except i don't have firefox 3 and the newest itunes (requires 10.4)

11. LordOfTheMacs macrumors member

iMacG5 runs Tiger. Came with it and for e-mail iTunes, word processing (hope to make an iMovie) and GarageBand, it's fine.
    iBook clamshell 366 runs OSX server v10.4.11. It came with it but it is slow so I might downgrade:D:apple:

12. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

Still running Tiger here, haven't been able to justify the additional cost for my needs. I will upgrade my hardware once Snow Leopard comes out so I get 10.6 with it.

13. Angelo95210 macrumors 6502a

Angelo95210

Tiger on my MBP (the first Intel laptop). Leopard on the iMac but to be honnest except Time Machine I don't miss Leopard.

14. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

My MBP came with Leopard, and it's been fine. I'd prefer Tiger just because it pisses the luddite in me off to see that my OS is taking a gig and a quarter of RAM with nothing else running, but whatever.

15. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

I only run Tiger on my powerbook G4, the other two - Macbook and Macbook Pro run Leopard

16. oscillatewildly macrumors 68000

9.2.2 on Bondi iMac, soon to take a back seat. There is something about using an old machine.

17. furcalchick macrumors 68020

furcalchick

i'm still using 10.4.8, which came with chipper (macbook) two years ago, and it's good enough for my needs, although i was tempted to get leopard when it came out, but went against it. i know apple and other developers will probably drop tiger support when 10.6 comes out, so i may upgrade to 10.6 at that point.

18. Love macrumors 68000

Love

My iMac runs leopard, but my PowerBook runs Panther and hopefully tiger in the future.

19. LinuXtreme macrumors regular

LinuXtreme

Still using Tiger. I originally planned to upgrade to Leopard when it came out, but then again I had been counting on getting it at the traditional $69 Student price (what a time for :apple: to slash the discount to almost nothing :confused:). My school doesn't carry OS X in its bookstore so no $69 discount price for me. If Snow Leopard weren't now so close to release I'd probably have bought Leopard a few months ago anyway. I do plan on upgrading to Snowy (as I affectionately call Snow Leopard) when it comes out, though.

20. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

My Powerbook runs Tiger. However, if the hard drive hadn't given out and the apple person hadn't installed a new HD w/Tiger the it would probably still be running Panther. Oh, and they left me a copy of Tiger as well :D

21. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I'm running Tiger on my second computer as I only have one Leopard licence. Nothing wrong with it :)

22. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I was about to go back to Tiger on my PowerBook (it was on Leopard) but gave it to my dad instead and got a new MB. I didn't notice any real performance loss or increase on Leopard and I would have missed the way it handles networks better.

23. wbe858 macrumors member

I have tiger on a snow imac g3 of mine i use to mainly play music off of to the receiver. It does most basic things quite well surprisingly. I dug it out of an attic of an uncles house and it wouldn't boot, so it became my project computer, maxed out everything for fun. Its been running great for almost a year now, MBP has leopard though.

24. macJC50640 thread starter macrumors regular

older?

Seems like a lot of people still run Tiger. Anyone still running 10.2 on something? OS9? (I know these are obsolete OSs, I am just curious)