Who uses a bluetooth mouse & phone.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ZacUSNYR, Feb 11, 2008.

1. ZacUSNYR macrumors regular

I picked up a MS Intellimouse 5000 bluetooth. Liked the mouse, feel, comfort, worked on any surface. Thing had limited func in OS-X which I could have dealt with - but when I hooked up to the internet via bluetooth to my AT&T phone the mouse became unuseable. Would jump and skip all over the screen.

I don't know if this is because it's an MS Mouse or what. I returned it and couldn't find a Logitech V470 local. I'm not totally against the BT mighty mouse - just not a fan of the scroll ball.

Any insight?

2. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

I use a wireless mighty mouse and a Nokia N95. They both work seamlessly.

3. ZacUSNYR thread starter macrumors regular

Great thanks - Sounds like it's a case of the Microsoft Mouse driver being crummy.

4. darwinian macrumors 6502a

darwinian

Wireless mighty mouse + Samsung M610 + Wireless kbd (older). Works well, except for the Leopard-induced problems.

5. bmwpowere36m3 macrumors 6502

I got a Logitech MX900 Bluetooth wireless mouse which is great. I was part of Logitech Cordless Desktop MX for Bluetooth, which includes a wireless keyboard and mouse.

6. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Those Microsoft wireless things are nothing but trouble. As others said, go get yourself a Mighty Mouse. I've had one for more than a year (as well as the bluetooth wireless keyboard). Not a single problem! **knock on wood**

7. bigbadnewill macrumors 6502

When i was transferring a file to my n95 8bg phone my mighty mouse became un-usable. But, I have since sold the phone and vary rarely use my new phone to bluetooth files to my iMac.

(I know this is the macbook thread, but i'm assuming the bluetooth modules in the macbook and iMac are similar)

8. .adam macrumors regular

Wireless Mighty Mouse & Nokia 6120c. Not a problem.

9. gsriders macrumors newbie

Does anyone know of a mouse that will work with the Nokia N95 8gb? I see a lot of post about how to turn the phone into a mouse but nothing about connecting a mouse to the N95 to make net surfing easier. I wonder if someone has developed a driver 3rd party app that will work with wireless mouse. I would also like to know if I could connect a mouse using the mini usb hub on the N95? The only thing I have seen is someone said the apple mighty mouse bluetooth mouse works with the n95. I tried the microsoft notebook 5000 bluetooth mouse and it paired but the mouse did not work (obviously no drivers for symbian). I then tried apple's mighty mouse and it also paired but did not work. I was sucessful in getting the Igo Stowaway keyboard to work and I love it. The only thing missing is a mouse to turn my N95 8GB into a mini laptop for on the road. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the long winded post (My first Post)

10. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

I use a wireless mighty mouse and I've had a good experience :)

11. gsriders macrumors newbie

forafireescape,
    Are you using the wireless bluetooth mighty mouse with your Nokia N95 8gb phone? If you are, how did you get it to work? I'm not talking about turning the phone into a mouse (I see people doing that a lot), I'm talking about pairing the mighty mouse with the Nokia N95 phone so you can surf the internet with the n95 while using the mighty mouse. I am enjoying my bluetooth igo stowaway keyboard and was hoping to complement it with the mouse turning my n95 into a mini laptop. I can get my n95 to pair with the mighty mouse but the mouse does not work and I still have to pick up the n95 and use the toggle mouse to make selections that the keyboard won't make. Please advise me on how you got it to work. I would really appreciate knowing this information.

12. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

I have the BT Keyboard, BT Mouse, Moto Rizr Z6tv, and my bluetooth printer hooked up and working at the same time, no probs here.
    I am on a macbook with tiger though:eek:.

13. markrivers macrumors 6502a

markrivers

are you kidding me?
    the mighty mouse is the worst wireless mouse you can recommend.:D
    i personally use a microsoft laser wireless 5000 and it's working fine..
    i have a blue tooth phone, it's a motorola Razor2 V8 and and having its bluetooth connection is not a problem at all with my MBP.

don't buy everything on one store/ company.

14. gsriders macrumors newbie

iTeen,
    The problem I am having setting up the bluetooth mouse with the Nokia N95 smartphone is that the N95 uses Symbian as the Operating System and no one has written the drivers for a Symbian based Bluetooth mouse. If I had a PC smartphone I could easily pair it with a microsoft bluetooth mouse. That is why I am puzzled seeing post in this forum of people using the Mighty Mouse Bluetooth mouse with the Nokia N95 smartphone. If it is true then I am missing something and would greatly appreciate knowing how to set up the N95 & Mighty Mouse.

15. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

You can if it's good. You may not like the Mighty Mouse, but a lot of people do. I like mine :)

16. markrivers macrumors 6502a

markrivers

sticking with " don't buy everything from the same company" principle here.

i wouldn't trade my BOSE headphones with the apple earphones.
    i wouldn't buy an apple cinema display, i believe a samsung LCD is better with contrast ratio.

here.s the most practical one, i wouldn't upgrade my RAM through Apple..
    i got it from a 3rd party like newegg and crucial and saved myself a lot of money.

:)

17. mach42006 macrumors member

I have transferred files between my Motorola SLVR and my MBP without causing any problems with my Mighty Mouse.

18. compuguy1088 macrumors 6502a

compuguy1088

I've had a similar problem with using a wireless USB mouse plugged into a hub with a hard drive a couple of times. Occasionally it would do this if I plug it in after bringing it out of sleep. Its not that predictable....

19. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

You should try a Dell LCD with S-IPS.

20. teedesk macrumors newbie

BT Mouse with N95

Hi, how did you manage to get the BT mouse to work on the N95?

Thanks in advance if you can help me on this.

21. Macowner2 macrumors newbie

Wireless mighty mouse

I see from previous entries some people have the same problem as I do.
    my wireless mouse (OEM Apple Mighty Mouse) mysteriously stopped scrolling down. like when i scroll down with the middle wheel/ball thing in a browser window, for example, it doesn't go down.. but it still goes up, left and right.
    I have changed the batteries and the Istat pro widget reports a full charge. I have tried blowing dry warm air into the beast but it makes no difference. I have used the mouse some 4 years now all over the world. So do these rodents have a best buy date?
    I have used the wives MS wireless mouse and the Mac system works normally.
    At the price of them I don't fancy keep on laying out.
    Any comments and assistance is welcome.

22. el3ctone macrumors member

using wireless mighty mouse + Nokia N82. No Problem!

23. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

woah which samsung LCD? there are a lot and some use inferior panels. I'm not saying Apple's panels are the best, but they certainly are better than all 22" LCDs out there. :p

and contrast/brightness isn't everything.