Who uses an iPad mini and 6 (4.7)?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by JerTheGeek, Sep 13, 2015.

1. JerTheGeek macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

I had an iPad mini 1 but upgraded to an air 1 this June. In that time period I got an iPhone 6; b4 I had a 5s.
    Anyway, I'm considering upgrading to a mini 4 this Christmas and to aid in my purchasing decision, i was wondering what other 4.7 inch iPhone 6 (or 6s) users use for their iPad. Do you think the mini is too close in size to the 6, or is it big enough to be a separate device?
    What iPad size do you use with your 4.7 inch iPhone and why?

2. JarScott macrumors 68040

JarScott

Had a 6 Plus for the last year and have a 6s Plus ordered. Funnily enough, I had an iPad Air since launch, so for about 2 years. I sold it and now have an iPad mini 4 on order because it was just too big. I think the mini is still bigger enough than the 6/6s Plus to be a worthwhile product. I just didn't see the 9.7" iPad as being very convenient when hand held. I couldn't use it lying in bed cause the one handed functionality is basically no existent.

Hope that sort of answers your post.

3. newellj macrumors 601

Responded to your question in the other thread. Personally, I carry 2x 6 and a Mini 2 daily and don't think they overlap, but it's a rational question and individual answers may vary. I really like how they work together. If I had a 6 Plus I would probably feel differently.

4. KylePowers macrumors 68000

KylePowers

Sold my Mini shortly after getting my 6. They do pretty much the same thing. If I can't do it on my 6, then I just use my 13in rMBP.

5. JerTheGeek thread starter macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

I'm replying from the Air 1 now and I definitely enjoy the bigger screen; however, it is somewhat inconvenient. I think the best way to solve it will be check out the mini 4 in person; and possibly get the mini 4 and find out how it works for me in day to day life. If I don't like it, I could always return it for a refurb 64gb Air 2 for only $10 more. (Mini 4 64gb = $499 vs refurb 64gb air 2 = $509).

6. newellj macrumors 601

That may be best. I used to think that the Mini concept was just dumb. ;) I bought one on sort of a self-dare and have really bonded with it. I did keep the Air (which became an Air 2), but it never leaves home.

7. CjonesHouston macrumors 6502a

CjonesHouston

I have owned a iPad mini 1 and iPad air 1. I currently am upgrading from the 6 plus to the 6s plus. I have also ordered a iPad mini 4. I prefer the mini over the air for gaming and reading while in bed. It is also easier to travel with for short outings. The air is great but If I really need a bigger screen I use my Surface pro 3 or Macbook.

8. addictzz macrumors 6502

I wonder at all if iPad and iPhone can truly overlap.

iPad apps are not the same with iPhone apps. It's not just enlarged version of app in iPad, otherwise it wouldn't really sell.

9. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl