Who uses bluetooth audio with their macbook/mini?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by msarro, Apr 30, 2013.

1. msarro macrumors newbie

Hey everyone. I am just trying to find out who uses bluetooth audio devices with their MBP/Mini. What device are you using? Are you using lion or mountain lion? What troubles did you have with getting it to work?

Sadly apple doesn't seem to have a supported hardware list, and there seem to be a lot of problems floating around with the bluetooth audio device implementation.

2. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

If I use BT audio, I use a Motorola S-11 Flex HD headset. It works well normally, though just a couple days ago I had to put some work in to get it working again (it is now). Using iTunes, the sound is good, equivalent to my HTC Thunderbolt streaming from Google Music over 4G which is remarkably good.

3. lucasfer899, May 1, 2013
    Last edited: May 1, 2013

lucasfer899 macrumors 6502

lucasfer899

I have used a few
    - Bose SoundLink, worked perfectly right out the box, belonged to my roommate, he used it on Mountain Lion, and then I used it on Snow Leopard. No problems.

- Jawbone Jambox, again, no problems here, great sound for its size, belongs to me, I use it generally on OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard and my roommate has borrowed it a few times and used it on Mountain Lion.

- Generic Bluetooth Earpiece has been used a few times with my Mac, and haven't had any problems there either. (10.6)

I forgot to mention, we are both using MID 2010 13" Macbook Pros.
    We have both done upgrades to Dual SSD's and 16GB RAM. I even wanted to swap my logic board for one with a 2.66 GHz Core2Duo instead of my 2.4Ghz, but alas, that was £550.

4. Crzyrio macrumors 65816

5. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

I've had no problems with pairing Bluetooth devices with my Mac or iOS devices.
    Except a Nokia BH-905 headphone with iOS only where the audio shifts to the right side and can't be fixed with L/R balance (seems it pairs as a headset not a headphone with mic). My older BH-503 works perfectly.

6. msarro, May 1, 2013
    Last edited: May 1, 2013

msarro thread starter macrumors newbie

I just picked up a Plantronics M165/Marque 2, and it seems to be working like gangbusters with OSX lion. I will be trying it this afternoon on Mountain Lion, both as a microphone and for audio output.