Who uses mail for web-based email?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wayland1985, Jan 29, 2010.

?

How do you access your Gmail?

1. Online through your browser

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  2. Online through the browser, with Gmail notifier

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. Using Mail

19 vote(s)
    73.1%
  4. I don't use gmail

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. wayland1985 macrumors 6502

I've been using Mail for my Gmail account the past 2 years. I'm curious as to how you other Gmail users access your mail.

Do you use the Mail application? Or do you use your web-browser???

I mean, the web-based email seems cleaner, but the instant Mail notifications are always nice...

2. soLoredd macrumors 6502a

I use Mail app on my MBP and iPhone. It's one click/tap away, whereas the web-based is a bit more involved. I actually have my Gmail forwarded to my MobileMe account, which is then pushed to my devices. Works great and I can always go back to the web-based Gmail for archives if needed.

3. celticpride678

I would use Mail, but Yahoo! Mail blocks POP3 so I can't.

4. EndlessMac macrumors 6502

I prefer using Mail or any software based email app over a web based email. Mail has more features than web based emails and I also have more than one email account such as a personal and business email. With Mail I can check them all in one program rather than logging into each one at a time.

5. robj macrumors regular

While I'm using my mac I always use Mail.app, it's great and it's well integrated with the rest of the system :)

When I'm in windows, I use the web side of GMail. Mainly because I didn't find any good email client in Windows. I don't like Thunderbird at all, and better not saying anything about outlook ;)

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I have a web-based (with POP3 options) email that came with my webhosting. It doesn't have a great interface though and whenever I'm on my Macbook I use Mail instead of the browser.

7. gerberdaisy macrumors newbie

gmail has a mail notifier so you don't have to be logged in to know if you have new messages:

http://toolbar.google.com/gmail-helper/notifier_mac.html

I still check my mail accounts individually via web browsers (hotmail, comcast accounts, gmail, and my personal domain email...) kind of frustrating, but I haven't found an interface that I like, that prepopulates, that allows groups, etc...

i'd be interested in learning more about mail.app

8. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

ive been using gmail.com for years but since updating to the latest firefox i see google gears isn't supported. which blocks my ability to have Google Offline use...

so for the past 2 days have started using Apple's Mail. Which is nice, but not perfect...at least not to what i like in Gmail, like starring items, labels, and some other basic stuff.

9. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

I use Mail, I like it simply because its so well integrated with OSX, the notifications are nice, and I like how file attachments are a drag and drop away.