Who Uses Sherlock?

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
At this point, it's mostly good for the translation tool, because the widget version is so poor.

spicyapple

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
I didn't realize Sherlock was included with Tiger. lol, never used it since 1999.

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
Ya, Google + it's customizable homepage + Dashboard makes Sherlock pretty obsolete. I wouldn't be surprised if there are 0 changes to it in Leopard and it was only included because it doesn't cost anything to do so (and keeps the few people who use it happy).

eji

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2004
Inland Empire
Oddly enough, I had Sherlock open five minutes ago for the first time in about two years. Just because I spotted it in my Applications folder, and just to see if there was anything I'm missing.

Nope.

The AppleCare search plug-in was okay, I guess, and might come in handy someday. But everything else has been pretty much surpassed. Then again, it never came close to Watson, so it was outdated in its time.

The Sherlock developer page is still up, but the page under the Jaguar features is gone.

pianoman

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
i used it once to see movie times. the layout was nicer and it was easy to navigate. but i don't go to the movies that much and when i do it's just as easy to look in the paper or go to Yahoo! movies.

as was said earlier, it is obsolete now that we have Dashboard and people are more Internet-savvy.

dpaanlka

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2004
Illinois
Wow, Sherlock is still there.

EDIT: Playing with it for a few minutes, you know, this is actually pretty handy for searching eBay.

EDIT #2: And AppleCare

Silencio

macrumors 68020
Jul 18, 2002
NYC
pianoman said:
i used it once to see movie times. the layout was nicer and it was easy to navigate.
I really, really wish a Dashboard widget would come around and replicate the movie listings functionality of Sherlock (or Watson, for that matter). All the movie widgets totally suck, unless I'm just not finding the good one out there.