Who uses Siri's little bro on ip3 ?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Mikes2pads, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Mikes2pads macrumors regular

There are definitely some instances where I speak into the little purple microphone. We all know that's not the mic. The feature works well if your annunciation is clear with good normal volume. Just started using it to save time and wrist cramps. I think I like it.
    Thanks apple

2. number84 macrumors 6502

3. Mikes2pads thread starter macrumors regular

Whys that? Voice interfearance ? Just used it. Does it have a name? I call it Siri's little bro with the speech impediment.

4. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I use it frequently. In fact, I'm using it right now to dictate this. I also use Siri quite a bit on my iPhone 4S.

5. number84 macrumors 6502

Cuz it's strange talking to a machine with others within earshot. :)

6. brand macrumors 601

brand

He afraid of weird people like you hearing him. :eek:

7. cinca macrumors regular

One of the few things About the iPad that has me sometimes hesitating when making recommendation is onscreen keyboard.

With the release of the iPad 3 and the voice dictation feature I was blown away. To me, as someone that personally is fine with on-screen keyboard – but know some people of trouble with it – It's a real game changer.

It isn't 100% accurate but pretty darn close. And I can speak relatively quickly so it doesn't feel as unnatural as other instances when I've used voice dictation. The only thing I had to get used to was "talking what I want to type" – which is very different than "talking what I want to say".