Resolved Who uses spotlight search and what for?

Discussion in 'iOS 12' started by jcorbin, Oct 4, 2018.

1. jcorbin macrumors 6502a

I just switched back to iPhone from android and am trying to get in the habit of using spotlight search. I didn’t really like the universal search on android.

What sort of ways do you use spotlight search? I.e. use cases

I mean it does cut out a step or two. Instead of opening messages or email and going to search I can just pull down. What else do folks use it for?

2. gwhizkids macrumors 601

gwhizkids

I use it frequently to find and connect with a contact. Saves having to go to Contacts app. Also good for searching email.

3. unobtainium macrumors 68020

I use it to quickly open apps. Usually it presents you with a list of frequently accessed apps as soon as you pull down. Faster than navigating to the app icon and tapping it. If I’m looking for an app in a folder I type the first letter and it appears.

4. sean000 macrumors 68000

sean000

I use it to quickly launch apps, send a text, dial a number, look up information online, etc.

5. Cayden macrumors 6502a

Cayden

I use it to look up info online and do conversions (C to F, ft to m, etc.)

6. M5RahuL macrumors 68030

M5RahuL

I have all my apps in one folder, so spotlight is perfect for finding/opening apps.

7. gigapocket1 macrumors 65832

I use it for almost everything. Except searching online. But calling or texting a contact. Opening an app.. running a shortcut. Anything else. I use spotlight.