Who uses the headphones that come with your ipod?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by elmateo487, Aug 9, 2008.

?

Do you use your headphones that came with your iPod?

1. Yes

64 vote(s)
    40.3%
  2. Yes, only because i have nothing else.

25 vote(s)
    15.7%
  3. No

70 vote(s)
    44.0%
  1. elmateo487 macrumors 6502a

Who actually uses the headphones that come with your ipod? Because if you do I do not think you deserve to have an iPod.

I have NEVER heard worse quality headphones than that. In fact, in all of the blown out car systems, and trashed speakers, and horrible screechy drive through speakers, i have heard, i have never heard anything worse!!!

Is there are reason why Apple gives out such horrible headphones? Is that cuz they figure that you will just buy new headphones anyways?

2. Tosser macrumors 68030

Funny. I reason that the people actually deserving the iPod are those people. I mean, they bought an audio player, yet they obviously didn't have audio quality as their main parameter for choosing. So they deserve the poor audio quality of the iPod, and as such the earphones seem to fit excellently.

3. okrelayer macrumors 6502a

home use i listen to music though my Sennheiser HD-555's. While out and about I use a pair of Sony-street style headphones.

Although with my iPhone iv used the earbuds a little bit more, if only because it has a microphone on it. i guess i could get a bluetooth headset sometime though.

4. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

I use Shure Se210s. However the iPod headphones are about 100x more robust in build quality. I have to revert back to them every time my Shure's are in for warranty repair.

5. ayzee macrumors 6502a

ayzee

Ive just ordered these for my iPhone. Going on holiday in a couple of weeks so want some good quality earphones to chill with

Sennheiser MM50 iP High-Fidelity Ear-Canal Earphones for iPhone

6. Cyburnclassic macrumors member

I use Sennheiser MX300 headphones, the reason I dont use the iPod Earphones is that:

1) They aren't the best quality
    2) If you're in the street listening to your iPod, people are gonna know and try and mug you in you are in a bad area.

7. LERsince1991 macrumors 65816

Well I will use my iPod headphones until i buy some noise canceling headphones.

1. When at home i use my speakers with my dock
    2. when im doing sport i use my Sennheiser PMX70 Sport earphones
    3. when i'm downstairs i use my wireless Sennheiser headphones
    4. when im out i use my ipod earphones....

:cool:

8. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

No I use the Shure SE210's same as the other poster.

If I use the iPod on my iPhone I use the mic adaptor from Shure with my headphones.

9. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

Nope. I use Sony earbuds. Don't remember the model, but they're good.

10. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

The pack-ins are perfectly respectable in terms of audio performance. It's just Apple's design which gave it huge problems - it is an iconic design, but the problem is that the previous set really didn't fit many ears properly. The present design is a little more universally fitting, but it's lost the uniqueness of design as a result.

Perceptions of quality are very different, but in the case of Apple's earphones the fit was also compromised for many users, leading to what they felt was poor quality (lack of bass for one, because the phones were too large for the ear which lead to it 'floating' outside optimum fit for the ear bowl).

I don't use open earphones at all, so the pack-ins are never used. However, both old and new designs do fit my ears more or less properly - so I'm aware that they're fairly decent. As far as other manufacturer's go, Apple's ain't bad at all and better than some. Sony has better pack-ins which also isolate a bit, but they're an exception than the rule.

Personally, I use the Ultimate Ears UE11 for flights / long journeys and the Shure SE530 as my commute beaters. I also have pairs of more basic in-ears - Etymotic ER-4P and SE310's - for backup.

11. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

An interesting thread, given Apple's reputation for beautiful design and excellent function. I'm a recent switcher (I treated myself to a MBP in April) but, in common with many switchers, I have had an iPod for long before that and its general excellence was one of the reasons I finally switched to Apple. Have to agree with the vast majority of the posts, though. The accompanying headphones are dire, and pretty useless for their primary function of actually listening to music, although they look just lovely. I never use them, instead I use the headphones (Creative HQ-1700) that I had with my old CD walkman, and plan to upgrade to Sennheiser in due course.
    :apple: MBP 15.4", 2.4 ghz, 2 GB RAM, 160 HDD
    :apple: iPod classic 30 GB

12. Mr X macrumors member

Mr X

Nope never have done have loads of them knocking about from over the years.

Home - Bose QC3
    Out and about - Shure SE530PTH - love 'em!

13. ChrisBrightwell macrumors 68020

ChrisBrightwell

:rolleyes:

If this is true, you lead a seriously charmed life.

LMAO. Now you're just making stuff up.

The Apple headphones are perfect, but they're pretty good for pack-ins.

14. bartelby macrumors Core

I don't use them because I find them uncomfortable to wear. I tend to kill headphones so I use cheap an cheerful Griffin EarThumps (or whatever they're called now).

15. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

Tunebuds!:D

I use Griffin Tunebuds for casual listening and Shure SE210 for power listening!

16. Samarium macrumors 6502a

Samarium

17. BlakTornado Guest

BlakTornado

I use them and like them.

Much better than so many other headphones I've ever had.

But really, I listen to music properly on my computer, not my iPod. On the road, I'm bound to have things like cars driving past and interrupting my music, and thus I don't care if the sound isn't immaculate.

18. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

The poll should have a fourth option of "No, only because I have nothing else."

19. pcmike macrumors 6502

pcmike

Definitely not.

Westone UM2s w/ Shure black olives FTW. :D

20. pcmike macrumors 6502

pcmike

What is that suppose to me? Past (and probably current, I haven't looked into it in awhile) iPods are some of the best performing portable music players EVER with a RedWineMod amongst other various modifications. Therefore you're logic is completely flawed. Try again.:rolleyes:

21. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

Those ear buds keep falling out of my ears so now I use the SkullCandy ear phones and they work and sound good.

22. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Same here, always have. I put some foam pads on them so they don't move in my ear. For my iPhone, i have always used the supplied earphones with pads on them as well because I like the pause/skip button.

I think the supplied earphones sound great.

23. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I use the iPod headphones only if I need something quick and disposable (not to say I do the latter)

AFAIK Shures are suppose to be superb in built quality. What's breaking exactly?

24. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

I use the earbuds that came with my iPod Video for both it and my Shuffle because the new style of earbuds are crap. If I move my head the least little bit they fall out :mad:

25. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

I think the prospect that someone doesn't deserve an iPod if they use them is a bit over-the-top. I paid for it, therefore I deserve it.

But to answer your question, yes, I do. I bought my first iPod back in 2005, and the headphones lasted me until early 2008. What'd I do when they broke? I bought another pair. Sure, they're not the best in terms of audio quality, but for casual listening, they're not bad. I also use the ones that came with my iPod touch...I have no problem with them at all.