Who uses their iPhone 4 without a case?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mjmar, Feb 14, 2011.

?

Do you use your iPhone 4 without a case?

1. Yes, my iPhone 4 is naked

120 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. No, I use a case

80 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. Mjmar macrumors 65816

I got the phone in June, and there has been some sort of case on it since... After going through 3 cases, all of which have broken, I'm thinking that I might just go case less... So my question to you all is how has your iPhone 4 held up without using a case, also are the signal issues really THAT bad when you don't have a case on?

2. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

i don't have a case and mine works great. No issues.

No scratches on the phone because i try to take care of it. If youre careless with it, you may break it. Good luck, have fun.

3. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

With my AT&T phone, it got scratched to hell when I pulled off the case. Seemingly my plastic buttons on my shirt pockets were enough to cut some deep gashes into it. Without a case, my signal was TERRIBLE. The phone was practically unusable in a lot of spots.

With the Verizon phone, I bought it with the invisishield preinstalled at Best Buy. Loving it!

4. sethpen macrumors member

I have used it with and without a case. If I am going to be at work slaving at a computer all day writing documents and what not, I like to have no case. If I am out and about I put it in a hard shell plastic case that forms with the body. If I know I am going to be with kids or playing rough I use the otterbox.

5. alejovh1 macrumors regular

I never use any cases, just droped my new verizon iphone yesterday :(:mad:

6. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

+1

I've never had a case on my iPhone since I purchased it back in August. With the exception of a small hairline scratch underneath the Apple logo, the phone looks brand new.

As long as you take care of it, and obviously don't drop it, you should be fine.

7. aldo82 macrumors regular

If you don't bridge the two antennae at the bottom left side of the phone, reception is just the same as with a case. All the case does is stop you touching that point but if you are able to use the phone naked without touching the black line them reception will be great.

I carry my iphone in a leather slip case but use it naked. No case, no screen protectors. I can't understand why anyone would wrap such a gorgeous piece of tech in cheap plastic!

8. super tomtendo macrumors 6502a

super tomtendo

Bestbuy installed your invisisheld? How much does that cost?

9. CMK0110 macrumors newbie

I had a white bumper on my new VZW iP4 for the first week I had the phone. It didn't look bad, but this phone is too beautifully designed to have it covered with a case. If you're terrified of dropping the phone, then a case is the way to go. But this phone is way too nice to have covered with a case...it totally changes the look and feel.

10. Apple Expert macrumors 65816

No case here. I use power support for the screen shield and phantomskinz for the back and sides.

11. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

No case, no screen protectors, here.

12. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

BB charges $7 for front and I believe $12 for the back. I remember paying about $30 altogether for just the front.

13. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

You should make a poll OP. :)

btw, I have been naked since launch

14. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Never used a case on any of my iPhones and have never had problems with reception or cosmetics.

15. AuroraProject, Feb 14, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2011

AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

I used to use cases all the time, now I'm using a full body skin (Wrapsol) and appreciating the design of the phone a lot more.

16. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

Maybe because they would like to keep it a gorgeous piece of tech. Maybe it's just me, but I've almost dropped mine a few times just taking out of the case. I find it a bit slippery and I just know that I'll drop it right onto the concrete if I go naked.

17. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

18. Motionblurrr macrumors 6502

I fully agree with this

I've had cases on & off since July and I think I've scratched my iPhone with cases than without.

I went caseless for about 3 months and I picked up a couple scratches but it pays itself off in being so thin, shiny and beautiful :). I'm going to upgrade to the next iPhone anyway so there's no point. Slightly used iPhone still fetch for virtually the same price of a "mint" iPhone. It's all about the memory size that dictates the price IMO.

Enjoy your iPhones without a case! Do it for at least a day!

19. torbjoern macrumors 65816

torbjoern

No case and no screen protectors. I take care of my phone the best way I can - and if it still breaks, I have an all-risk insurance to cover it.

20. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

It was 7$ for the install and 20.99$ for the actual product. They actually had stacks of them they had installed the night before and it was just an option to choose between when I bought the phone (16/32 gb or 16/32 gb with invisishield)

21. super tomtendo macrumors 6502a

super tomtendo

Have you experienced scratches from the bumper?

22. super tomtendo macrumors 6502a

super tomtendo

Any bubbles? Is it perfect? ha

23. Dandrews524 macrumors 6502

at first i didnt want to cover my beautiful iphone 4 with a case, but then i saw the incipio feather and i fell in love. its so thin but it still protects very well. no added bulk is still a plus, and its still thinner than most smart phones. check it out if you want protection without ruining the gorgeous figure of your new iphone

24. richiekim macrumors newbie

Just got a bumper for my Verizon iPhone. So far, so good.

25. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

Definitely. Way better than I've ever been able to do.