Who uses their Mac with a mouse?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by sniffs, Jan 25, 2013.

1. sniffs macrumors regular

sniffs

My Magicpad arrived today.. WOW, why did I ever wait so long to order one? It's basically your trackpad but as a standalone device.

It's way too cool.. I'll probably never use a mouse again.

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I'm glad you like it. :)

I, on the other hand, tried the Magic Trackpad on two separate occasions, trying to force myself to like and use it. But alas, I prefer a mouse over the Magic Trackpad.

3. 808? macrumors 6502a

Depends what I am using, portables I stick with the trackpad, desktops I much prefer using a mouse.

4. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

5. sniffs thread starter macrumors regular

sniffs

for games obviously you'll want a 2 button mouse, but for everyday usage, like web browsing, emailing, navigating the OS, the magicpad is slick.. gives you all the gestures

6. costabunny macrumors 68020

costabunny

I though the same when i first got hold of a track pad on my desktop. Then reality sets in - i use photosho and coreldraw a lot so for me mouse is still very much needed.

I did have run using my iPad stylus on the trackpad and found it made a reasonable graphics pen (not accurate enough for pixel level work) but good enough for general iPhoto etc.

Haven't got one with my current setup; but mum bought me a magic mouse for xmas and OMG its amazing - so much so that I've crossed the trackpad off my wish list.

So thats my views on the whole rodent situation.

7. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

I really love the mouse. I just can't get the precision and efficiency I want with a trackpad...

8. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

On desktop I still prefer the mouse over the pad ... Have both, tired hard, mouse won

9. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I'm far more efficient with a mouse than I could be with a trackpad. For speed and accuracy, it's not even close.

10. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

While the MBP has the best trackpad I've ever used, I still prefer using a mouse most of the time. My wife has tried both with her iMac and slightly prefers the magic mouse.

11. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

I tried a Magic Trackpad on a 27" iMac and the control was just too coarse, so I'm sticking with my Magic Mouse there. On my MBP the trackpad is better than any I have ever used on other computers but I still connect a mouse for drawing and other "critical" movements.

12. torana355 macrumors 68020

I love using the trackpad on my MBA but i hate using my magicpad on my iMac lol.

13. mfram macrumors 65816

On my iMac, I have both. Wired Logitech mouse for games. Magic trackpad for everything else. Best of both worlds!

14. xMClass macrumors 6502

I use a mouse with my MacBook Pro only when editing photos or videos. Trackpads are nearly useless when you need more precise inputs.

15. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

Exactly. I never try to do detailed editing on a pad.

16. audiobiker macrumors newbie

i like both the trackpad and the magicmouse. although i do tend to use the magic mouse more often. the trackpad is nice for normal web browsing or for looking through pictures that are on your computer or online.

17. Works4Me macrumors regular

I bought a magic trackpad, but found I rarely used it when at my desk. Ended up giving it to my daughter because I just wasn't using it enough. I use my magic mouse with Better Touch Tool. I tried to like the trackpad, but I guess I just like the mouse more!

18. TyPod macrumors 68000

TyPod

I use the trackpad on my MBP on the go, but at home I use an old Magic Mouse. I really want a magic track pad though!

19. IGregory macrumors 6502a

IGregory

I have both the Magic Tracpad and Magic Mouse. My Macbook is on a stand when I am at home. Mostly I use the mouse. If you are wondering why I have both, because I am a gadget man. The more gadgets I have the happier I am. ;)

20. mmomega macrumors demi-god

mmomega

I have 2 Magic Trackpads but they've been sitting in my drawer after about a month after they were released. I've tried using them more but I just prefer using any mouse.