Who uses their Unlimited Data

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wicked1, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

I am considering to switch and save the $5.00 per month, only because I do not tether, use WiFi Hotspot, and I never go over 1GB of data. I assume AT&T will like other carriers get rid of Unlimited Data plans as well.

Has anyone tossed their Unlimited Plan in lieu of saving $5 for the 2GB Data Plan?

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I did last year when they offered the tiered plans only because I couldn't get 3G where I live so I was paying for something I could hardly use.

But at Christmas a few months ago, AT&T turned on the 3G and I got AT&T to give me my unlimited plan back.

3. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

I did but I did add a tethering plan because I wanted to.

My billing period turns over on the 23rd. I've used 1.89 GB through today. Granted, that's including an iPad, another iPhone, two Macs, and my work laptop all over the month. I'd shave off a half GB just to account for that usage to make it 1.5.

If you don't come near the 2 GB cap then consider doing it. Other carriers are moving this way. If it saves you money then it's worth it. I'm not regretting it at all.

4. tweety21 macrumors newbie

AT&T has already gotten rid of their unlimited plan. The only way to have it now, is if you are grandfathered in. New customers cannot get unlimited data with AT&T.

5. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

It's just $5 dude, I'd think twice before making the switch to the 2GB plan...

6. uhhitsjames macrumors member

I got rid of mine. I never came close to it. Haven't looked back. And even if you do manage to go over one month at least they warn you before hand, and I don't think it's that expensive. Might as well save the $60 a year.

7. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

I'd have to agree. My sister uses about 50 to 200MB's on average but still has the unlimited plan. She would save half on her data plan but insists that she wants to play it safe in case she were to ever need to use a lot more data than normal.

8. jesusplay macrumors 6502a

:rolleyes:
    let the sheep be a sheep.

9. err404 macrumors 68020

If you know your usage pattern and you are well below 2GB per month, then switch.

10. Thedeathbear macrumors 6502a

i was a 800mb user until netflix and slingbox. Glad, I kept it.

11. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Eh, I agree but I would think long and hard about the future as well

Will you possibly use more in the future? Maybe use YouTube more? Maybe use Netflix/Hulu in the future on 3g?

There are many things that you COULD use in the future

12. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

It's 'just $5'. That's $60 a year, and $120 for the 2 year term. I rather save the $120 instead of spending it on something he's not even using.

13. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

I'm not close to 2 GB but will not give this up, even for 5 bucks a month. That's like one Starbucks! Unlimited and happy!

14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Same here.
    Even though I use about 300-400mb per month I still keep it unlimited just in case I ever need to stream alot of netflix, Slingbox, pandora, sirius etc...