Who Wants A Macbook Pro 3G?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gan6660, Jul 13, 2010.

1. gan6660 macrumors 65816

Aug 18, 2008
    The iPad has it so why not the MBP? Id like to see a MBP with built in 3G like the iPad with the same data rates as the iPad. I think this would be a great addition. Do you?
  2. eng42ine macrumors 68000

May 2, 2010
    Running into a burning building...
    Can't you just tether your iPhone and have the same thing?
  3. NKT macrumors regular

Jun 18, 2010
    Just use a USB dongle (or tether to a phone if you have it).

The reason they did a 3G version of the iPad is due to the lack of a USB port and support for said USB 3G modems.
  4. vfamne macrumors newbie

Aug 3, 2010
    I want a Macbook Pro 3G!

I really do agree. It would be great to have a MBP with instant access to the internet, the same way as for instance with the Iphone.

Why do all Mac-people like to use dongles and tether the Iphone, etc?
  5. Hisdem macrumors 6502a

Jul 3, 2010
    Boca Raton, FL
    They don't have it, people complain. They put it, people complain, because it WILL be locked to AT&T. So whatever, most people will keep complaining anyway. I personally think it would be nice because there is no AT&T monopoly here, but it's not necessary IMO. Plus chances are it would suck battery life. Maybe they just haven't found a way to make it more power-efficient yet, just like the multi tasking on the iPhone.
  6. Yimbie macrumors member

Aug 3, 2010
    I would think that it's not necessarily ready yet. When I get my Macbook Pro, I plan to bluetooth tether. Hopefully it'll work as it does with my PC! :)
  7. aohus macrumors 68000

Apr 4, 2010
    not everyone has an iPhone + Macbook
  8. rmbrown09 macrumors 6502a

Jan 25, 2010
    I would be an iPhone + MacBook Tethering fool if I didn't have a 2GB cap ;/

hope fully they raise the cap to 3 or 4 sometime soon.