I have discovered that any VZW customers on qualifying plans can get an extra GB of free data every month simply by streaming an NFL game through any app while not connected to wifi.
As part of VZW's agreement with the NFL, VZW customers can stream NFL games without using data. Ads/commercials though are streamed differently, and in order to counteract this, any customers that stream any NFL game will be given 1GB of promo data, free of charge (for every month that they stream any part of any NFL game).
For me, this is an easy way to add an extra GB of data to my 2GB shared plan.
To compensate gigabytes used for advertising viewed during the NFL games, Verizon provides 1 GB of bonus data to customers who have viewed live video in the NFL Mobile app. This 1 GB of bonus data is only applicable for the customers that are on Account Level Pricing (the MORE Everything and the Verizon Plans) and limited to 1 GB per line per billing cycle. Customers on non-Account Level pricing will receive bill credits to cover data usage for ads included in NFL video content. Subject to change.
- Business Flex plans are not eligible for the 1 GB of bonus data.
- Customers with a single line on a MORE Everything plan are eligible for the additional 1 GB data.
- Allocated in the same manner as all stackable (bonus) data offers.
- Bonus data will appear in Promotion History in ACSS.
- It may take up to 24 to 48 hours for 1GB of bonus data to be added to account.