Who wants these?

bunnspecial

macrumors 604
May 3, 2014
Kentucky
Ask bunnspecial.

No cash right now and that auction is likely to skyrocket.
I'm afraid I'm cubed out. I'm waiting on the 1.5ghz one to get here that I bought from Gavin, which will make #4. I have the whole set of factory options, and am afraid I can't justify buying another at the moment.

Good luck to someone on these!

Reactions: eyoungren

bunnspecial

macrumors 604
May 3, 2014
Kentucky
Also, only one boots to desktop, and there is one that is just a case. Basically 3 cubes and 2 of them are hit-or-miss in a way.
I'd give the one that boots to a question mark probably a 90% or better chance of being repairable. It could be as simple as a wiped drive, or might be a dead drive. I had one where the HDD cable worked loose in shipping, which will do this. Swapping a hard drive on a Cube is a 5 minute job(or at least it turned into one after I figured out that you don't actually have to take the thing all the way apart). The only potentially serious issues could be a bad hard drive cable, which would require taking the thing apart(again, not as bad of a job as some would have you think) our a bad hard drive controller(toast).

There's a chance that third has a bad video card, although the fact that it boots to something is a good sign.

It's unfortunate that you need the external speakers to get any sound out of these-if the third one would chime, it would give some insight as to how good or bad it is.

bunnspecial

macrumors 604
May 3, 2014
Kentucky
Ask bunnspecial.

No cash right now and that auction is likely to skyrocket.
I'm afraid I'm cubed out. I'm waiting on the 1.5ghz one to get here that I bought from Gavin, which will make #4. I have the major
would that be from the north or south?

sorry, the devil made me say it.:D
I can remember my Grandmother asking me "Did you just wind?" on one occasion.

(I'll let folks work out what she was asking :) )

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.