Who watches Persons Unknown. [SPOILERS]

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mgmusicman94, Jun 28, 2010.

1. mgmusicman94 macrumors 6502a

I'm hooked. Does anyone else watch it? It gets better every week.

2. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

Yeah, I watch it. Missed it tonight though. If you plan on talking about what's happening on the show, make sure you put SPOILERS on the thread title.

3. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Brought this topic back because I didn't know anybody else was watching it besides me. :D

I was kind of pissed that NBC did so little advertising for it that I didn't even know the series existed until the fourth episode. Never did get to see the pilot, not even online.

That said, it's got some nice Prisoner-esque touches to it, and though it's not nearly as deep as that show, it's taking some interesting twists I never expected. Who knew that Tori may have been close to the truth when she said it was all about her? :p

4. mgmusicman94 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I felt like it was kind of like Saw in the first episode because they're being watched and they dont know where they are but it doesnt have any blood and gore like Saw (I hate blood and gore). You definitely get hooked if you watch every episode.

5. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

So did anybody make it to the conclusion? I did, and I've got to say, this is the best show that almost nobody's seen. NBC needs to be shot for moving this to Saturday and then not even airing episode 11.

It's too bad, because I think this series would've drawn some of the people who miss Lost...and it has an obvious appeal to Prisoner fans as well.

6. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

I just finished episode 2 and I'm hooked. SUCKS that it's only 1 season. And yeah, ABC did the same for Flashforward. They didn't even give the show a chance to grow and earn a fan-base.

7. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

One word of advice for when you get to the final episode: the ending may not be at all what you expect. Some people didn't care for it, but me, I like being whacked upside the head with an out-of-left-field surprise. Frankly, I thought it was a better conclusion than Lost's.

8. mgmusicman94 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I thought it was better than lost too. In Lost's final episode, I was confused and nothing was really explained. In the Persons Unknown season finale, I was sort of confused (2 groups of people in identical hotels) but I understood when they opened the doors to the boat. At least I knew it was level 2.

PLUS, the season finale was just the end of the season, not the whole show. So we'll learn even more next season.

But for now, my new Lost is going to be The Event.

9. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

WAIT WHAT?!? THEY ARE GOING TO MAKE ANOTHER SEASON!?

I googled this and couldn't find an answer... I discovered the show a mere 72 hours ago and finished the season. LOVE this show. While I was watching the finale I was PISSED when I saw they ended back up there... but as the last 5 mintues played out and concluded, I thought it was perfect.

So..... THEIR MAKING ANOTHER SEASON!? :p

10. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

Sure did. It was great. I haven't heard whether or not there's gonna be another season.

11. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Nope. NBC did everything they could to kill this show: little to no advance promotion, sticking it in the summer Saturday night time slot ghetto, etc. The upshot is, there'll be no second season.

Woulda been interesting to see where they would've gone with this thing, though. Welcome to Level 2......... :cool:

12. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

Yeah, when they walked out on the deck of the boat, I was very surprised. Too bad it won't continue. At least NBC let the show run it's season, unlike ABC with Happy Town. That show aired 10 of 12 episodes, I think, and then they pulled it. WTF? Just give us our 2 freakin' episodes! Sheesh!

13. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

NBC was almost as bad. They didn't air one episode of Persons Unknown, 'Seven Sacrifices". If you didn't catch it online or on On Demand, you were probably left wondering when the hell Janet fell in love with the new Night Manager.

14. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

Ah-ha. I did watch ep 11 online. I just thought EyeTV missed it or something. Couldn't figure it out. These Networks need to let greenlit shows air in their emtirty. Even if it is only online, once I've invested a few weeks/months into a series, I'm going to want to finish it.