Who went from a Plus to a regular iPhone 7 this time?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by matt2053, Oct 16, 2016.

1. matt2053 macrumors 6502a

I had a 6 Plus and a 6s Plus. I decided to go for the regular 4.7" iPhone 7 in Jet Black this time and I'm really happy with my decision. It feels so good to have "normal" sized phone again :) It doesn't feel so heavy in the pocket, I can easily use it with one hand, and it doesn't hurt my pinky finger when I do.

Only reason I had the Plus before was battery life and OIS. Battery life on the 7 is now 2 hours longer and it has OIS. So I'm pretty happy. I know I'm missing out on the zoom camera but I never had that before so I don't really "miss" it.

Anyone else make this transition?

2. andyp350 macrumors 6502a

I went from a 6 Plus to a regular 6S. Was initially really pleased with having a smaller more convenient device. Within a month I really regretted my decision so I'm back with the 7 Plus this year!

3. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I did.

6+ to 7.

The phone is a lot easier to use. I do miss the big screen though.

4. jianrong macrumors member

jianrong

A Plus will alway be Plus. Couldn't go small screen

5. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

I went from the 6s+ to the 7 and haven't regretted it one bit. The bad battery life and lack of OIS on the 6s are the only reasons that I had the 6s+ too and the 7 resolved both of those issues.

6. xtremefx macrumors member

xtremefx

Same here, 6+ to a 6S and now to a 7+.. i regret the change from plus to a normal so back to plus with the 7...

7. MacDevil7334 macrumors 6502a

MacDevil7334

These are exactly my feelings as well. Downsized this year and couldn't be happier! I am slightly envious of the double camera on the plus. But, the smaller aperture and lack of OIS on the zoom lens limit the situations where it can be used. At the end of the day, the number of times I would use the extra camera features doesn't make carrying a device that is larger worth it!

8. Conan86 macrumors 6502

Went the other way from 4.7" 6s to the 7 Plus and it even made me use my iPad Air 2 less.. the 5.5" with better resolution coupled with the stereo speakers seals the deal for me.

Do agree that the single handed usage is much better on the 4.7" but that's about the only thing I miss

9. airjay75 macrumors regular

I went from the 6+ to the 6s+ and now the regular 7. Could not be happier. I don't miss the extra screen space, I don't care about the camera differences, and I absolutely love having a smaller, lighter, more portable device. It fits me and my active lifestyle much, much better. At the end of the day, though, it's all a matter of personal preference. There is no one size fits all answer.

10. kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

11. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

6 briefly to 6+ to 6s+ to 7 briefly. Now 7+

Phablet suits me well. Especially since I have an SE also

12. BigDO macrumors 6502

BigDO

Me. 6 Plus, 6S Plus, and now a JB 7. I agonized over the decision and finally went for the 4.7" as I was really getting sick of the size and the weight of the 5.5".

Very happy for now.

13. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

I don't really know what to do tbh.

I've had my 6+ for two years now, and have definitely enjoyed having the larger screen and epic battery life. But the smaller iPhone 7 feels perfect in the hand, much more comfortable for one handed use and less noticeable in my pocket.

14. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

I did, because I really didn't like how the plus was jabbing in my pants pocket. So I went from 6S to a 7. But guess what? While the 7 was smaller, it still wasn't exactly unnoticeable in pockets. It was also heavy enough that I need to take it out of my pocket when sitting down anyway.

Before the 14 day return period, I went back to a 7 plus. If It is going to be uncomfortable carrying it around for both, I may as well go for the bigger screen and enjoy that.

15. Enigma01au macrumors member

Enigma01au

I had a 6+ and I've now reverted to a 7. I did like the big screen, but I wanted something that would be able to fit in my pocket, and be able to be used with one hand. I did worry about moving back to a smaller screen, but all is well, I haven't really noticed the screen size reduction.

16. its Dale macrumors 6502

My wife went to the 7 from the 6+. Eventually the 6+ got annoying to use w/ 2 hands for her. She doesn't regret it, but says she misses the better battery life on the +. I, on the otherhand, and contemplating on moving up from my 7 to the 7+

17. karinatwork macrumors regular

karinatwork

I did. I had a bit of an issue for about a week to type on the smaller keyboard, but now I'm super happy with my choice. I'll never go bigger again. Portability is key. They + is too small to replace my iPad mini, and it's too big to comfortably hold in one hand. 7 is the perfect size for me. :)

18. Fuchal macrumors 68020

I did. I love it. I don't love the battery life, but I love the battery case. Since the battery case I've never run down the case once, so I've never even touched the built in battery. :-D

The battery was what I loved about the 6+, but the battery life with the battery case is miles better, and the phone with the battery case is still smaller.

19. deivydas macrumors member

deivydas

I did it as well. Returned my 7 plus and bought regular 7. No regrets.

20. JDnLex macrumors newbie

I made the adjustment from a 5 to a 6+ well enough that I continued on to the 6s+ last year. My main reason was the larger battery and the screen that was just large enough to keep me from reaching for the iPad for lightweight browsing. The larger size was tolerable most of the time, but it was cumbersome for work outs. A few times I had the + bounce out of the holder on a treadmill belt and slam into the wall behind me. I always had to take the + out of my front pocket before sitting down or tying my shoes.

With the improvements in battery life on the 4.7" 7, I went back to the 7. The battery life has proven to be acceptable, and I'm really enjoying the size. It's much more manageable on runs, and fits in my flip belt much better. To me, the 4.7" feels "right" and more personal, if that makes sense. I also find myself using the iPad more. The 4.7" feels like an optimal (chassis) size for a phone, while the 9.7" iPad makes for a more pleasant browsing experience.

Next year, if the chassis sizes change, I may go back to the larger model, or I may stick with the smaller one and enjoy reclaiming a bit more pocket room.

I think most people will find a lot to like about either, and no one will spend the next year miserable with regret regardless of choice.

21. wacky4alanis macrumors 6502

I went from a 6S+ to a 7, and I love the smaller phone! The 6S+ was just too big for me. My wife is enjoying it though.

22. IMEX1PCT macrumors member

IMEX1PCT

ive gone to the standard size since the 6s from a 6 Plus.

Can never go back to a Plus @ its current physical build.

Far too big.

I ordered a 7 Plus just to check it out and thought maybe thered be a chance I could like it. Nope not even one bit. Gifted it to my mother who was with my 6 Plus since my 6S.

If Apple could fit a larger screen with a smaller physical footprint, I may consider it.

I remember when the S7 Edge came out, i bought one because the hardware was simply stunning. That phone has a 5.5 inch screen with a much smaller physical footprint than the iPhone Plus models.

Im certain the future holds smaller physical footprints for Apple handsets.

An all screen iPhone the size of the standard 7 would be PREFERENTIAL(wow just thinking about it.).

23. jettie1767 macrumors 6502

I went from a 6+ to a 6s+ to a Note 7 and then to an iphone 7. I'm happy with the size of the iPhone 7. I just found the 6s+ to wide which was exactly why I jumped to the Note 7 when it came out. But, because of the recall, I went back to the iPhone but this time just the 7.

24. Mike5254 macrumors regular

Mike5254

From 5s 32G to 7+ 128G. I need a bigger screen and and extra space to do and save my work. I can't bring my seagte backup drive most of the time. And when work is done and I need to relax for a moment, a good big viewing screen for me to read your posts.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 20, 2016 ---
    Sorry, I posted on the wrong thread.