Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Xapphire13, Jan 14, 2009.
Just wondering who will be updating their Alu MacBooks, and who will be sticking with Leopard.
I don't think I'll be buying Snow Leopard, but I do plan to buy a aluminium Macbook sometime later this year... So I'll get it then!
I will. One word:
I ordered my first Mac on the 16th Dec and I am still waiting for it. Just don't know if the features are any better than what will come with the MacBook in the first place.
ill upgrade..Snow leopard is focusing mainly on the underlying aspects of a new OS, and by that i mean making it run more efficiently without any major appearance differences. I also believe it will have a smaller footprint. so not only will we get more HD space, but well also get a system that runs more efficiently, ill be upgrading solely for those purposes.
Without actually seeing Snow Leopard I can only answer this with maybe. When Apple publicly releases it I'll have a better idea.
It's been stated pretty clearly that we're not going to see all that many changes, but the system will just run better. So I'll definitely upgrade.
Can I talk about this in the context of other computers?
I'll be updating my Nehalem Mac Pro if it doesn't come with Snow Leopard, because...
Come ON. 8 physical cores, 16 logical cores... Snow Leopard will use ALL of them.
Oh, and the best GPUs that OS X has to offer... even if they ARE a series behind everyone else. That won't matter with Snow Leopard.
To be honest, I don't really see how you can ask this before we have heard of what the new features and spec requirements will be.
But I most likely will be, depending on when it is released and when I am planning on updating computers, if it is released within 5-6 months of when I'm planning on updating my computer, then I probably won't upgrade to SL.
I would just because it's most likely gonna be faster then the current Leopard.
I'll most likely pre-order a family pack for my household just like I did for Leopard but I don't have an AlumiBook. We have my MB, 2 PB, 1 MBP, and a Mini.
I installed panther the day it was released.
I installed tiger the day it was released.
I installed leopard the day it was released.
I will be installing snow leopard the day it is released.
As far as the smaller footprint goes, I think that might be because it will be solely Intel after that (no more universal binaries). I'm guessing you could do the same with Xslimmer or whatever to get rid of PPC binaries if you don't need them.
(But this is just conjecture, it might actually have a "smaller footprint" disk wise, I dunno)
Thanks to a friend, I can get a free copy of SL when it's released. I'm also going to buy an SSD the same day I install SL... that is going to be one HUGE performance increase
How will your friend get you it for 'free'??
depending how long it will take to get all the apps i have to be updated to SL, when iknwo for sure tehy will all work then i will do it that day
How do you think?
Torrents come to mind...
LOL .. funny thread
I'll just wait until some stabilizing update and general feedback about the initial versions, then install. Of course, after paying so much for a Macbook Pro, you can't expect me to pay for it too, can you?
As i dont own a Mac yet i have some questions, when installing OSX do you have to provide Serial Codes and activate it like on Windows?
Personally, I'd rather obtain a copy of SL legitimately (i.e. by paying for it) and steal the SSD instead.