who will drop there 3G first!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by westernmass, Jul 3, 2008.

1. westernmass macrumors 6502

westernmass

So wondering last night who will be the first to post that they dropped thier 3G and found that the plastic does not dent but cracks? Or who will enevitably post they dropped it in the toilet,beer, puddle, pool and want to know what to do about it? I have only been here for 7 months but the threads are fast and furious as of late. They are sure to double or triple I bet in the next week or so.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

And that's when I'll be temporarily taking the iPhone forums out of my Spy so that I don't have to deal with looking at those threads.

It will be someone who joins in July, post-iPhone release. They'll start off with, "OMG GUYS I DROPPED MY IPHONE IT CRACKED WHAT THE CRAP:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: SUPPOSED TO BE PERFECT!"

3. Sonicjay macrumors 6502a

Sonicjay

I'd almost be willing to bet my salary that if I buy my wife a 3G, she'll be the first to drown it, LOL. She's killed several phones in the last year and a half, most of them by water! One fell in the bath tub, one fell in the dog's bowl (for God's sake, it's barely the size of the phone; she's good!), her replacement pink Razr fell to the concrete and split in two at the hinge, and the other night, her 2 month old EnV ended up in the toilet!

4. RRK macrumors 6502

RRK

Oh man, that is my biggest fear about changing over to iPhones. I have seen the abuse that my wife's blackberry has taken. I have to get her a good case fast.

That is sounding kind of, how should I say, beyond chance.

5. Sonicjay macrumors 6502a

Sonicjay

Exactly, lol. I was thinking about getting her a 3G since she's still on Verizon, but damn, I don't know.. that girl has it out for her cell phones..

6. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

7. desenso macrumors 6502a

desenso

And to uglify the sh*t out of it.

8. animenick65 macrumors 6502

There are cases that look good. EVERYONE will at one time bump or drop their iPhone. A case is an investment in being able to sell your device later at a decent price. Look at the price pristine original iPhones are going for? Scratched Apple devices don't sell well.

9. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

10. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

Me, I guarantee it, although proving I was the first, I imagine, would be pretty difficult. ;)

R-fly

11. reboad macrumors member

You should get something like this

12. Sonicjay macrumors 6502a

Sonicjay

lol.. why not just keep it in a suitcase? :D Remember how kid's snowsuits had those "idiot strings" to keep your mittens from getting lost? Maybe that'll do the trick..

13. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

14. littlewaywelt macrumors regular

some of us don't care what it looks like...just that it works and survives the occassional drop. I don't want to treat mine like it's made of glass and plastic and I'll likely need to get two years out of it.

15. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Good point, thread over. :D